Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Man, some of you Hawk fans that post or hover on here are absolutely obsessed with some of the opinions on this website. Martin-Manley literally called for new leadership today and I don't think he's much of a Cyclone fan.

It's good insight into the mindset of a good portion of their fanbase. This is all just a plot by the Cyclown fans who are just out to get their HAWKS! I can't imagine how narrow of a worldview you need to have that mentality.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Is it deflecting when you want all involved held accountable and held to the same standard? The players should be just as pissed at those guys for not helping them stand up for what they felt was wrong. The assistants are closer to the players than the head coach.

It's deflecting when you consistently want someone other than Kirk to blame. Cut the head off the snake until then the rest is irrelevant.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's good insight into the mindset of a good portion of their fanbase. This is all just a plot by the Cyclown fans who are just out to get their HAWKS! I can't imagine how narrow of a worldview you need to have that mentality.
Yeah this whole story hasn't been all over ESPN multiple weeks or anything. It's all our fault. We have so much pull over at the Mother Ship.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Man, some of you Hawk fans that post or hover on here are absolutely obsessed with some of the opinions on this website. Martin-Manley literally called for new leadership today and I don't think he's much of a Cyclone fan.

Trying to deflect to Fenelly, that is absolutely Triangle isn't it?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I ******* hate the term "cancel culture"

99% of the time its just people being held accountable for behavior that is and always has been ******. There's some outliers that people like to point to, but those are by far the minority of situations, and a large chunk of the time when someone cries about 'cancel culture' the person in question isnt even being 'cancelled' theyre just being criticized.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are you saying that he should be bitter towards Matt Campbell and Iowa State or were you being genuine? Sorry I can't tell these days.

He's saying he should be bitter towards Matt Campbell because he didn't get the current Green Bay Packer drafted. It's one of his failed trolls

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Since Andy Fales brought up the subject of "cancel culture" what does this mean:
"In this week's What's Bugging Andy,@andyfalessays the cancel culture has come for Kirk Ferentz, and that's an over-correction with potential collateral damage."

Is he talking about we Cyclone fans on here? Are we the "cancel culture" or are we "the cancelers" or are we just criticizing Ferentz? If "cancelling" Kirk means him being fired, then I'm all for that.

Thats the problem, it seems to have an amorphous definition.

I think we could all agree that someone being fired for no other reason than a poor taste joke a decade ago is extreme, and we could have a valid discussion about that and how often that's actually happening.But too often it gets extended simply to anyone criticizing those of power\fame when they are being held to account for their own actions, actions that were never ok, now or then. The problem is, that former segment is too small to really call it 'culture', so 'cancel culture' essentially has to be ******** because in order to call it that, you have to start wrapping in the latter group.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Thats the problem, it seems to have an amorphous definition.

I think we could all agree that someone being fired for no other reason than a poor taste joke a decade ago is extreme, and we could have a valid discussion about that and how often that's actually happening.But too often it gets extended simply to anyone criticizing those of power\fame when they are being held to account for their own actions, actions that were never ok, now or then. The problem is, that former segment is too small to really call it 'culture', so 'cancel culture' essentially has to be ******** because in order to call it that, you have to start wrapping in the latter group.

Thanks! That's kind of what I was thinking and was wondering if others thought that also.:)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He's saying he should be bitter towards Matt Campbell because he didn't get the current Green Bay Packer drafted. It's one of his failed trolls
So that's his insight into this thread? Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron