Share your favorite quick, easy, meals to cook

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
What meals do you make the most often? What are your favorites?

Share them here!

Bonus points if they are any of the following:
Quick
Easy
Reasonably healthy
Cheap
Don't require a kitchen full of ingredients to make

Go!

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Hard to beat a good stir fry. Cut up and cook protein of choice, i go steak, but chicken is good and cheaper. Throw in a bag of frozen stir fry veggies and some stir fry sauce. Served on white rice. Easy, quick, and healthy, especially if your sauce is low in sugar.

For the not so quick but delicious category.
Smoked brisket, smoked pork shoulder, sous vide steak, really anything cooked on the big Green egg, pot roast is good and simple and as long as you plan ahead it's easy, just takes along time to cook. There are others, this is just what came to mind.

Last edited:

CycloneRoss

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2010
I'll echo the stir fry sentiment. I do some protein and vegetables in a pan with olive oil and then put that over quinoa so, so often. Super cheap and healthy.

Reactions: Waukee4Cy

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Set out a package of hamburger this morning. Got a tomato on the way home from a sweet corn stand. Summer is awesome.

Reactions: Waukee4Cy

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
Dr pepper pulled bbq chicken/pork

Cook your choice of meat in a crockpot with dr pepper (2 liter works best, but leave about 4oz for your sauce). Cook for desired duration. After time is up, shred the meat (should fall apart pretty easily), add your bbq sauce of choice with the left over DP. Then serve on a bun.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
What meals do you make the most often? What are your favorites?

Share them here!

Bonus points if they are any of the following:
Quick
Easy
Reasonably healthy
Cheap
Don't require a kitchen full of ingredients to make

Go!

Baked fresh cod(pepper, lowry's garlic and butter) . Microwaved sweet potato.(brown sugar and butter) Canned green beans with a slab of butter (real bacon bits microwaved in) . Canned peaches. Bottle of Fat Tire. Need oven, can opener, microwave, brown sugar, bacon bits,butter, salt, pepper and granulated garlic. And a bottle opener.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Ramen, and I’m not talking about instant ramen. All you need is plain ramen noodles, beef or chicken broth, steak or chicken, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin, a soft-boiled egg, and green onions.

Reactions: cstrunk

Papajets

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 26, 2014
Tenderized pork loin easily grilled in 5-6 minutes. Bun + bit of Famous Daves Texas pit + Summer salads. Easy, inexpensive summer meal.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Dr pepper pulled bbq chicken/pork

Cook your choice of meat in a crockpot with dr pepper (2 liter works best, but leave about 4oz for your sauce). Cook for desired duration. After time is up, shred the meat (should fall apart pretty easily), add your bbq sauce of choice with the left over DP. Then serve on a bun.
I just found something at Hy Vee today- Dr. Pepper baked beans. They are honestly better than drugs or alcohol or sex. Sold by the Serious Bean Company. I mean, if your company name is Serious Bean Company and you make baked beans with Dr. Pepper you’re just printing money.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Ramen, and I’m not talking about instant ramen. All you need is plain ramen noodles, beef or chicken broth, steak or chicken, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin, a soft-boiled egg, and green onions.

where do you get plain ramen noodles (fresh)? My blue apron box was missing them this week.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
where do you get plain ramen noodles (fresh)? My blue apron box was missing them this week.

Go to the “World Foods” aisle at your grocery store and find the Japanese section. Under ordinary circumstances you should find all kinds of Japanese-style noodles there - soba, udon, ramen, etc.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron