College Football Season Death Pool

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Full confession: I read the post twice hoping you'd say "a single guy" in there just so I could reply with "How do you know he's not married? Judging and stalking?" Something like that.
I didn't expect it to become a "serious" method of discussing the post.
Send me a PM next time. We can work it behind the scenes. Our flow could be unstoppable.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think (know) sports writers are just looking to write something that'll drive clicks. They're bored.

I think I may try to be the first to publish the "Are the 2028 LA Summer Olympics in Question?" article.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I think people need to stop thinking Ivy or Patriot league football cancelling is a domino that has any impact on P5 football. It’s like suggesting that the NBA season is more likely to be cancelled because I stopped playing pickup ball at the Y.

Didn't a couple of the mid major conferences scrap their conference tourneys before the P5 leagues hung things up in March?

I think it is possible that the big boys play while the small schools hang it up, but these aren't good signs.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Didn't a couple of the mid major conferences scrap their conference tourneys before the P5 leagues hung things up in March?

I think it is possible that the big boys play while the small schools hang it up, but these aren't good signs.
The big time conference tournaments cancelled because the NBA postponed their season after Rudy Gobert tested positive for the virus.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Couldn't find a related Deadpool GIF.

It will either make it to week 2 or won't be cancelled.

If they can fake the moon landing they can fake a college football season (serious (not serious)).

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Greg Sankey confirms that positive tests among SEC athletes are dropping

“Yeah, that’s correct and down to zero,” Sankey said on dropping positive cases. “Our programs are obligated to report locally and to their health officials.
They do that appropriately and there has been learning. In fact, our comment has been there repeatedly and part of what I expect to happen upon to campus is a lot more information spread even more broadly about behavioral changes that have to take place because of the virus that is around us.”

While the conference will certainly take into consideration health data around the country before making a final decision, Sankey also indicated that the SEC will be closely monitoring sporting events taking place in the near-future, too. He singled out Major League Baseball because it won’t be played in a bubble, as well as NFL training camp.

“I actually have a list of events … Major League Baseball, who will move people around,” Sankey said. “They’re not in a bubble. They’re going to be moving their umpires around. That’s really an important set of information. … The start of NFL training camp is an important opportunity for us to view with football practice taking place. We’ve got time before our practices are scheduled to adjust.”

Sankey and the SEC have targeted late July to make a decision on how it will approach fall sports, including college football. The Big Ten and Pac-12 have already made decisions to play conference-only seasons. The SEC isn’t there yet, and the conference is going to wait until the last minute to decide.

The SEC Commissioner indicated to Travis that there is an outcome to where some conferences might not play, some conferences might go league play only and others could play a full schedule. All conferences will make independent decisions, but there’s a potential they all won’t end up at the same conclusion.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/greg-sankey-clay-travis-interview-2020/

Reactions: dualthreat

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Shockingly, it seems like the B12 holding off on an announcement may be a good move by Bowlsby.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Does putting something at the end of an article make it any more or less important than if it were at the beginning?
It’s like a Randy Peterson article? Headlines: Can Iowa State win a national championship in football this year?

Final sentence: Probably not.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Sad thread. Really sad.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Anyone that actually watches college football doesn’t care about that parade anyway

My FIL watches every year. He tried to get us all to watch as a family once and after about twenty minutes he chased us all out of the room so he could watch in peace because we kept talking **** about it.

Reactions: CascadeClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron