Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Sorry, I disagree. As a media/former journalist, I think there is far too much of the subjective language, words, phrases and descriptions that add nothing to the real story or have no explanation. They're there for the "shock and awww" factor, to drive reader emotion. The story itself is real-life murder and mayhem in small town Iowa, the article is too much author-driven. My first glances were on the inside page and within two paragraphs I could tell who the author was.

An interesting side twist is that the bodies may have been found a few years later since they basically built the new county jail on top of where the bodies were found.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not sure whether these two things are related:
Yesterday I updated my Firefox browser, a few days after I started getting the available update message. Since then this CF site is agonizingly slow. Any page, any action. Have no idea what's up, but it's very hard to even get to a page by clicking on a link now.
And, cannot even click on "post reply" at the moment. Sigh.

ImJustKCClone stop messing with me! ;)
FTR: I'm now using Chrome with no issues. Ugh.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
******* chipmunk. Noise and a chirp in the house woke me up this morning. Not sure if one or more chippers in da house but had doors open and chased one or maybe two around, heard them under kitchen cabinets. Checked up on CF and the Chipmunk Purge of 2012 began 6/29/12. 7/15/20 for beginning of Munk Wars 2020.

First Blood, 10:20.
chippy_s.jpg

Last edited:

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
The unsolicited phone calls from stormchaser (sorry @stormchaser2014) roofers have begun. I got a call on my cell phone yesterday from some guy who really wanted to come look at my roof. I politely declined.
We don't do that 1. because it's a tacky business practice for an established business and 2. we don't need more work than we already have.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Finished it, was busy. Lost internet connection than heard chipper and had to pause to go Rambo.
IMG_6763-e1465218899973.jpg

Reactions: oldman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hey @ImJustKCClone - maybe you could send Milo or one of the others up to Boxster's house and help him get rid of those little bastards!

They are smarter and faster than the neighborhood cats. Calico cat had one "treed" the other day up the neighbors bird feeder. The chipper was stuffing its cheeks with seeds and just staring down the cat.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Guy came over a bit ago to give me an estimate on removing the extremely overgrown lilac bushes on the side of my house. It was quite a bit less than what I expected so I say let's do it. He called his people and started doing it immediately. He said the rain this morning changed some of their plans so he could just get right on it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Guy came over a bit ago to give me an estimate on removing the extremely overgrown lilac bushes on the side of my house. It was quite a bit less than what I expected so I say let's do it. He called his people and started doing it immediately. He said the rain this morning changed some of their plans so he could just get right on it.

Opportunity pricing and not the fake "were are in the neighborhood" ******** sales pitch.

Reactions: wxman1

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Opportunity pricing and not the fake "were are in the neighborhood" ******** sales pitch.
The reason I called this particular business is they did some tree work across the street. It looked great when done and they did a great job of cleaning up after themselves. The guy also told me their estimate was much better than the others he had gotten.

Edit: Just went and checked, they are almost finished

Last edited:
Reactions: wxman1 and SCyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
No more hide and seek at your house!
Now I have to plant grass and then next spring plant hostas or something in those tiers I built over 20 years ago.
Also have to get estimates for new siding and windows. Can't replace the siding if you can't get to it.

Reactions: wxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron