Let's get it going with B12 football ranking ...

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Youngblood was a freshman All-American and All-B12, but whatever ...
For his work as on special teams... not as a receiver. I don't know why you aren't comprehending what they are saying to you.

Great kick returner? Yes. Serious threat as a WR at this point? No. Simple as that.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
For his work as on special teams... not as a receiver. I don't know why you aren't comprehending what they are saying to you.

Great kick returner? Yes. Serious threat as a WR at this point? No. Simple as that.

It's pretty simple if you follow the thread and keep these posts in context, which works against your narrative, I get that. The debate was about speed, not receiver talent. Here's what I was responding to:

SouthernCy wrote: I literally just spit my water out laughing LMAO. No one has EVER said that about kansas state. EVER HAHAHAHAHA. It's honestly even funnier that you bring up PLAYERS that may have been fast (Lockett for sure was, Youngblood was a freshmen last year so again, lol, he didn't impress me) but just cause you have a fast player doesn't mean your team is fast. Those players you listed didn't even play on the same teams!
Locket - 11-14
Sproles - 01-04
Youngblood - 19-now
David Allen - 96-99

Last edited:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It's pretty simple if you follow the thread and keep these posts in context, which works against your narrative, I get that. Here's what I was responding to:

SouthernCy wrote: I literally just spit my water out laughing LMAO. No one has EVER said that about kansas state. EVER HAHAHAHAHA. It's honestly even funnier that you bring up PLAYERS that may have been fast (Lockett for sure was, Youngblood was a freshmen last year so again, lol, he didn't impress me) but just cause you have a fast player doesn't mean your team is fast. Those players you listed didn't even play on the same teams!
Locket - 11-14
Sproles - 01-04
Youngblood - 19-now
David Allen - 96-99
The overall point is one fast kick returner doesn’t automatically make your team this bundle of speed.

The reality is KSU is probably last in the conference in overall team speed, so your point is moot.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
1. OU - offensively will be fine and defense improves
2. OSU - offensive juggernaut will be tough keeping up
3. ISU - Brock is good, and the defense bounces back
4. TEX - meh on Herman.
5.TCU - Duggan shows promise in year 2
6.BAY - luck runs out, but still solid enough
7. TT - half step forward in year 2 for wells
8. WVU - similar to last year
9. KSU - not enough talent
10. KU - is ku.

Last edited:

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Let’s see if B12 & SEC team up to get 10-12 games as B10 has shown their undies. P12 will fold and ND will leave acc w/o notariety. Clearly Natl Champ will be from B12 as SEC cannot play the 3+ cupcakes as usual

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Post it, Chuck.

This

KSU will take a step back this year. I see them in the bottom half.

I think OU is on top, in their own tier.

ISU, OSU and Texas are in the next tier.

Baylor, KSU and TCU are in the third tier.

Texas Tech and West Virginia in the 4th tier.

KU all along at the bottom.

If I had to pick an order, it would be:

1. OU
2. OSU
3. Texas
4. ISU
5. Baylor
6. TCU
7. KSU
8. Tech
9. WVU
10. KU

But flip Tech and WVU.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
First of all, I was wrong, it's not the coaches, since you're obviously trying to exploit the fact I was wrong on that. Regardless, here is the poll that was widely discussed from yesterday that shows KSU picked towards the bottom of the league, which is why you didn't post it.
https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article244276567.html
Wait, surly didn’t post a poll that wasn’t some random google searched article that sunshine pumped KSU? Shocking.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
How the hell does us beating Iowa have anything to do with how good we'll be in the Big 12 next year?

I agree beating Iowa is not going to happen in the forseeable future, so If I were looking for Validation aka Surly...I would look to Win a Big 12 football championship...because that will come before Matt Campbell beats Ferentz and Iowa....

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Hey Chuck, you've been wrong many times, generally defending douchebag Bill Self, but I'll let that stand for now. Be sure to post the coaches' poll when you find it. Anyway, let me put it this way:

My bet is that K-State finishes higher than picked at #7 than Iowa State does at #4. So for example, if K-State finishes sixth, one notch above were picked, and ISU fourth, the same as forecast, then I win. Would you like to wager that - the loser: maybe a one-month Powercat avatar on your posts versus Cy on mine if I lose?

All I've said, after all, is that the Cats are consistently underrated and this year is no exception. I also showed evidence of that fact. Here it is again.

http://preseason.stassen.com/over-under/all-teams.html

Last edited:

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Hey Chuck, you've been wrong many times, generally defending douchebag Bill Self, but I'll let that stand for now. Be sure to post the coaches' poll when you find it. Anyway, let me put it this way:

My bet is that K-State finishes higher than picked at #7 than Iowa State does at #4. So for example, if K-State finishes sixth, one notch above were picked, and ISU fourth, the same as forecast, then I win. Would you like to wager that - the loser: maybe a one-month Powercat avatar on your posts versus Cy on mine if I lose?

All I've said, after all, is that the Cats are consistently underrated and this year is no exception. I also showed evidence of that fact. Here it is again.

So this link you included has Alabama more towards the top in terms of being underrated, and then Clemson as being overrated? Higher ranked teams to start the year only really have one place to go and that is down.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

If KSU didn’t have such an egregious non-con I’d pick them to go 4-8 or 5-7.

They will be bottom 3 in the league in terms of talent and won’t have the experience (especially on the OL) to get them to 8-9 wins.