***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Let's hope the recent reports of immunity being temporary are not true. Otherwise, we're even more screwed.
I think it will likely be temporary. The question is for how long? 6 months, a year, 3 years... I think it's also likely your "immunity" fades over time, it's not an all or nothing proposition. So maybe you get the virus again in a year, but your immune system responds better than the first time around. It's also possible you WILL be immune for life. It's also possible I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I think it will likely be temporary. The question is for how long? 6 months, a year, 3 years... I think it's also likely your "immunity" fades over time, it's not an all or nothing proposition. So maybe you get the virus again in a year, but your immune system responds better than the first time around. It's also possible you WILL be immune for life. It's also possible I have no idea what I'm talking about.
I don't think it will be the same strand for ever. It will mutate again and change. Just like the flu.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
No one is EVER immune for "life" from a mutating virus. It will weaken......more people will have been exposed and over time it takes on the traits of a common cold. Or in bad cases....the flu. But it will never go away. That is why there is the "cold and flu season". Which both on a compromised immune system play havoc.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
So, I take it that this thread has mutated into the Co-vid 2019-2020 transfer thread? Just asking for a friend. K...thanks!
To be fair, there ain't a whole lot going on right now Iowa State sports wise, and the non-cave Covid threads keep getting shut down or moved to the cave.

Having said that, my bad for straying off topic...again.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
To be fair, there ain't a whole lot going on right now Iowa State sports wise, and the non-cave Covid threads keep getting shut down or moved to the cave.

Having said that, my bad for straying off topic...again.
No worries. It's hard not to get off track for those reasons : no news on transfers and the Co-vid being a HUGE issue right now. It isn't like I am perfect - look at my history and you will find that I often stray off topic. It was just my snarky way of trying to focus on any more news in regards to transfers. Thanks, @Statefan10 for the info!!

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
No one is EVER immune for "life" from a mutating virus. It will weaken......more people will have been exposed and over time it takes on the traits of a common cold. Or in bad cases....the flu. But it will never go away. That is why there is the "cold and flu season". Which both on a compromised immune system play havoc.

Yup, and that season is going to overlap with COVID19 around Sept. The fatality rate will increase in people who get both. Sad part is so many deaths could have, and still can be, prevented if people would just wear a mask.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
And just like that the transfer thread is back off track. I expect the pro con mask debate will add about 15 pages to the basketball transfer thread.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Every thread these days is quickly either a virus thread or a political thread or the double banger virus/political
If we're going to predict the future, I'd rather it be about which potential transfers might become Cyclones. Seems to me that we'll have as much success predicting future Cyclones as we will trying to predict the death rates of Co-Vid.

necromancy

Sep 11, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
The recent report I read indicated it is worse the next time around. First time, patient simply had a sore throat, low grade temp; second time, hit the lungs hard. Researchers are in the process of analyzing the data to see what the actual trends are.