Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not sure whether these two things are related:
Yesterday I updated my Firefox browser, a few days after I started getting the available update message. Since then this CF site is agonizingly slow. Any page, any action. Have no idea what's up, but it's very hard to even get to a page by clicking on a link now.
And, cannot even click on "post reply" at the moment. Sigh.
I absolutely don’t know why this posted three times, all with an informative choice. Can’t get CF to do anything using laptop so trying phone. No issues at all. Hmm, I am narrowing it down.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Whenever Im feeling down about myself, I watch Finding Bigfoot. Always makes me feel better about myself.
Hard to believe those morons get to travel all over the place to stumble around in the woods. Of course being that the majority of it takes place in the woods at night they might just go out in the woods at a local park and just record 90% of the show.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife just asked if she should send her classmate and HS friend a sympathy card for her brothers funeral or whatever they have. He is slated to die on friday. My oldest and I said it is probably best to give this one some time.

Not a situation you run into every day.

Reactions: wxman1

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hard to believe those morons get to travel all over the place to stumble around in the woods. Of course being that the majority of it takes place in the woods at night they might just go out in the woods at a local park and just record 90% of the show.

Finding Bigfoot isn't on any more. They must be doing reruns.

For the record I would do that job in a heartbeat, that includes the episode where they went squatching in Kansas. :)

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Definitely had some good rotation above Urbandale. I didn't see any funnel clouds though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This greenfield running for senate walks really strange. It’s also on every 10 minutes so that is all I can see now and it really annoys me.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
This greenfield running for senate walks really strange. It’s also on every 10 minutes so that is all I can see now and it really annoys me.
I said the same thing! Glad to know I’m not the only one seeing that.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Wife just asked if she should send her classmate and HS friend a sympathy card for her brothers funeral or whatever they have. He is slated to die on friday. My oldest and I said it is probably best to give this one some time.

Not a situation you run into every day.

I thought I saw that he got a stay.

Went for an impromptu 14 mile ride with dad tonight. It is kamikaze rabbit season.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I thought I saw that he got a stay.

Went for an impromptu 14 mile ride with dad tonight. It is kamikaze rabbit season.

Things are rolling again, scheduled Friday. Wife ended up texting her classmate, and got a reply (while kind and thanking) made my wife feel even more awkward.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Things are rolling again, scheduled Friday. Wife ended up texting her classmate, and got a reply (while kind and thanking) made my wife feel even more awkward.

That register article the other day on it all was insanely well written.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Getting a little rain here. The bulk of it is all just south of the metro. Hopefully it moves a little north as we could use it.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
That register article the other day on it all was insanely well written.
Sorry, I disagree. As a media/former journalist, I think there is far too much of the subjective language, words, phrases and descriptions that add nothing to the real story or have no explanation. They're there for the "shock and awww" factor, to drive reader emotion. The story itself is real-life murder and mayhem in small town Iowa, the article is too much author-driven. My first glances were on the inside page and within two paragraphs I could tell who the author was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron