***2020 CF Olympic Games***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Is that a threat?
iu

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Bobsled submissions are due tomorrow. The races are on Thursday.

Additionally, all PM'ed votes for Game 4 will be made public after the voting is done.
Upon consideration, votes will remain private unless someone receives 20% of the vote.

bsaltyman

Drinker of beer
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
FYI:

I have been contacted by the COC via discord. Apparently PSY has lost power and has no internet right now on his computer. He’s trying to calculate things via spotty 4G reception on his phone, but it is slow. He’s having a hard time even refreshing CF. So be patient please.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
FYI:

I have been contacted by the COC via discord. Apparently PSY has lost power and has no internet right now on his computer. He’s trying to calculate things via spotty 4G reception on his phone, but it is slow. He’s having a hard time even refreshing CF. So be patient please.

Take the night off if that's the case

PSYclone22

SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Eliminated for no vote:

Dandy
Andy
Sigmapolis
Farnsy
North
Colorado
Cyguy
2 others that I don't remember

35 voted, so 8 are voted out. Nobody reached 7 votes for 20%. Eliminated;

Mdk
Cy$
Michael
JM4CY
SCNCY
Arob
Jdogg
Azhuth

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Eliminated for no vote:

Dandy
Andy
Sigmapolis
Farnsy
North
Colorado
Cyguy

Mdk
Cy$
Michael
JM4CY
SCNCY
Arob
Jdogg
Azhuth

Booo.

Not aimed at you PSY. Aimed at the jealous nations that voted me out.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Game 5 - Bobsled

The delegates from the Americas are upset too. They haven't won a single medal yet! With that in mind, and led by cries of approval from the Jamaicans, a bobsledding event has been recommended.

As is the case with many an Olympic event, le COC has accepted and now must hastily put together a bobsled course. We'll be putting it together over the next 2 days.

Because the course will be put together so hastily, it probably isn't very structurally sound (remember, le COC majored in Psychology and doesn't understand enough about structural integrity and the ins and outs of stress analyses). Therefore, rather than having each nation run the course with two athletes, each nation will select one athlete and be paired up randomly with another nation to complete the run.

Additionally, the course will be so flimsy that there won't be any practice run. Each bobsledding duo will have to guess where they need to go straight, turn left or turn right.

The Game - Bobsled

The course will be designed with 22 unique 100 meter sections. There will be:

-12 straight sections
-5 left sections
-5 right sections

The goal of each nation is to submit what they think the correct order of sections will be. Their answer will be paired with their randomly chosen partner nation's selection.

On Thursday, each duo will run through the course (i.e. I'll post their response and how they performed). You will not know who you are paired with until Thursday's runs. A draw will determine teams that day. There's some math involved in determining who wins, but you don't have to worry about that unless you're worried about the integrity of the Olympics.

Here's the math part:

Each bobsled starts with a velocity of 400 meters per minute.

If both nations select the correct direction for a section, they increase their velocity by 100 meters per minute, effective for that section. If both nations select the wrong direction for a section, their velocity decreases by 100 meters per minute. If one nation selects correctly and one nation choose wrong, their velocity remains the same.

If at any time the bobsled velocity hits zero, they crash! Sadly, with such a strange structural design, models project that about 50% of bobsleds will crash.

Whichever bobsled finishes fastest wins (or if everyone crashes whoever's gets farthest).

Submit your response in the below format by EOD Wednesday (like 7:30 or so). The first two sections of the track WILL BE STRAIGHT.

1. Straight
2. Straight
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
21. ________
22. ________

So we need to randomly give you 20 more directions and then we'll get randomly paired with someone and hope we align? Sorry I'm dumb and want to make sure. Vanuatu has the ladies but not the brains.

PSYclone22

SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
So we need to randomly give you 20 more directions and then we'll get randomly paired with someone and hope we align? Sorry I'm dumb and want to make sure. Vanuatu has the ladies but not the brains.
yep! you need to send me all 22 preferably: 12 straight, 5 right, 5 left

PSYclone22

SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Eliminated for no vote:

Dandy
Andy
Sigmapolis
Farnsy
North
Colorado
Cyguy

Mdk
Cy$
Michael
JM4CY
SCNCY
Arob
Jdogg
Azhuth
also didn't get votes from gipper and mtown.

so remaining:

20eyes
BCClone
bsaltyman
Cleaver
CloneInWDSM
CloniesForLife
CoKane
CtownCyclone
CycloneRulzzz
cyclonespiker33
cyfanatic13