All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Crazy to think that Ferentz’s last 4 star RB recruit was Marcus Coker and CMC just got two this last class lol

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Crazy to think that Ferentz’s last 4 star RB recruit was Marcus Coker and CMC just got two this last class lol
What ever happened to him? He played his FR and SO year there and then left? His SO year he actually had a pretty good year..

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Question for @Brodie0 and @CyHawk1605

Has Ferentz ever signed an Army All American RB recruit? He seems to really struggle recruiting and evaluating that position

I have no idea. He has only signed a handful of 4* RBs over the years (Jermelle Lewis, Greg Garmon, Brandon Wegher, Marcus Coker I know of for sure), and none of them panned out for a myriad of reasons.

I am definitely not a fan of Iowa’s running scheme. I don’t think it works in 2020 unless you have NFL talent pretty much across the board at OL. That’s a pretty tough ask for a developmental program like Iowa.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What ever happened to him? He played his FR and SO year there and then left? His SO year he actually had a pretty good year..

He played his final 5 games at Iowa while being under investigation for sexual assault (seriously) and then was dismissed after the season

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I have no idea. He has only signed a handful of 4* RBs over the years (Jermelle Lewis, Greg Garmon, Brandon Wegher, Marcus Coker I know of for sure), and none of them panned out for a myriad of reasons.

I am definitely not a fan of Iowa’s running scheme. I don’t think it works in 2020 unless you have NFL talent pretty much across the board at OL. That’s a pretty tough ask for a developmental program like Iowa.

I think that's part of the reason you struggle to evaluate players at that position. Every stat, accolade, etc says Hall is better than Goodson but you can't look at it rationally

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

No one that I have talked to knows exactly what happened. The Iowa President (I assume it was Sally Mason at the time) essentially forced him out of the University. KF went to bat for him, but the President was adamant that he leave the school. There were rumors after the fact of some legal allegations against Coker that ended up being recanted. I don’t know if those rumors are true or not.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I think that's part of the reason you struggle to evaluate players at that position. Every stat, accolade, etc says Hall is better than Goodson but you can't look at it rationally

Must be the same reason why you struggle to evaluate defensive players.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Must be the same reason why you struggle to evaluate defensive players.
I think Campbell has done a decent job at evaluating defensive talent. We've gone from one of the worst defenses in college football to one that's well respected.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Phil Steele released his preseason awards today. Iowa has 4 players listed as All-Americans and 8 as All-Conference players

1st Team All-American: Keith Duncan
3rd Team All-American: Alaric Jackson, Tyler Linderbaum, Ihmir Smith-Marsette

1st Team All-B1G: Duncan, Jackson, Smith-Marsette, Nico Ragaini
2nd Team All-B1G: Linderbaum, Chauncey Golston
3rd Team All-B1G: Matt Hankins, Tyler Goodson

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Phil Steele released his preseason awards today.

1. Nico Ragaini first team All Conference? How is that possible?
2. Goodson third team hurts your narrative
3. Where's Nixon?
4. You only have two defensive players on there and they're second and third team. Yikes!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Phil Steele released his preseason awards today. Iowa has 4 players listed as All-Americans and 8 as All-Conference players

Don't really see anything out of the ordinary there. ISM's and Nico's status will fall in the hands of Petras. We'll have to see what he can do.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
I mean I'm sure he broke 2 or maybe even 3 tackles on the season which isn't bad for the little guy. He's just not in the same conversation as Hall or even Ealy
Well ones that jump out off the top of my head are the play against Eisworth, his TD against Minnesota, 2 plays against Michigan, 2 against PSU, 1 against Wisconsin, 5 vs Nebraska, 1 against Illinois, and 2 against USC. That’s 15 off the top of my head and there are probably more.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
1. Nico Ragaini first team All Conference? How is that possible?
2. Goodson third team hurts your narrative
3. Where's Nixon?
4. You only have two defensive players on there and they're second and third team. Yikes!
Where would any of ISU defensive players be on that list?