All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I went and looked at some of Halls highlights and I find him to be more of a straight line track speed runner with some good power behind him. Kind of like a quicker Shonne Greene. Goodson is more of a shifty, juke you out of your shoes kind of guy. Kind of like a Shady McCoy who didn’t have great speed but he just had so many moves.

McCoy ran a 4.23 40 in high school and a 4.3 at age 24

He had a great speed

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Is the Big Ten WAAAAAYYY better than the Big 12 defensively?

I looked this up once but can’t remember the exact numbers. The average Big XII team is something like 10 spots better in SP+ on offense than the average Big Ten team, whereas the average Big Ten team is 20+ spots better on defense than the average Big XII team.

The gap between Big Ten defenses and Big XII defenses is much larger than the gap between Big Ten offenses and Big Twelve offenses.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I looked this up once but can’t remember the exact numbers. The average Big XII team is something like 10 spots better in SP+ on offense than the average Big Ten team, whereas the average Big Ten team is 20+ spots better on defense than the average Big XII team.

The gap between Big Ten defenses and Big XII defenses is much larger than the gap between Big Ten offenses and Big Twelve offenses.

Than how come Sagarin had the Big 12 the second best conference behind the SEC? How come Iowa State consistently plays a tougher conference schedule than Iowa?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

You do understand that you are categorically misrepresenting what SP+ is and reveals? I just want to make sure you know you are in the midst of another one of your lies.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Than how come Sagarin had the Big 12 the second best conference behind the SEC? How come Iowa State consistently plays a tougher conference schedule than Iowa?

I would imagine Sagarin weights the distribution of teams in the Big XII more favorably than they do the Big Ten; that is, the Big Ten is much better at the top of the conference, but much worse at the bottom.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would imagine Sagarin weights the distribution of teams in the Big XII more favorably than they do the Big Ten; that is, the Big Ten is much better at the top of the conference, but much worse at the bottom.

I mean pretty much every metric has Iowa State with a tougher schedule year in and year out besides 2017 so your narrative doesn't make sense. It's not just a Sagarin thing

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I mean pretty much every metric has Iowa State with a tougher schedule year in and year out besides 2017 so your narrative doesn't make sense. It's not just a Sagarin thing

What other metrics are you using for SOS purposes?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Did I say he was going to be in that list no? No I didn’t. I said he can break tackles which he does. Just because he wasn’t on that list doesn’t mean he can’t do it.

I mean I'm sure he broke 2 or maybe even 3 tackles on the season which isn't bad for the little guy. He's just not in the same conversation as Hall or even Ealy

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean I'm sure he broke 2 or maybe even 3 tackles on the season which isn't bad for the little guy. He's just not in the same conversation as Hall or even Ealy
What's crazy is Montgomery broke 104 his sophomore year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron