2021 Mock - Purdy 11th Overall

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I love Brock so much that I'll probably name my first dog Purdy, but I see him as closer to Chase Daniel than Drew Brees. Nothing wrong with that--Chase Daniel will still finish his career as a physically intact multi-millionaire.

But his work ethic is second to none, so if he became the second coming of Drew Brees I'd happily eat my crow. And then go get some seconds.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I love Brock so much that I'll probably name my first dog Purdy, but I see him as closer to Chase Daniel than Drew Brees. Nothing wrong with that--Chase Daniel will still finish his career as a physically intact multi-millionaire.

But his work ethic is second to none, so if he became the second coming of Drew Brees I'd happily eat my crow. And then go get some seconds.

What's interesting about Chase is he was never drafted but is still in the league and has challenged for playing time still 12 years later.

The NFL is much more open to quarterbacks with non traditional skill sets like Brock Purdy these days than even 10-15 years ago.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Purdy #15

Good for him....selfishly, wish we had a normal year (for him and all players) as when he's this high now, hard to not go early given guaranteed money. Also, if the season doesn't happen, what a gut punch to cyclones....arguably best QB and we are left with "what ifs"

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
Great news !!! I would like to see Brock show off his arm strength with more square-outs down the field. Will the coaching staff call more of those plays? He does well on the crossing routes and the jump balls.