Iowa Football Recruiting

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
How many is CMC taking in '21? If it's a low 20's, there's a good chance this class doesn't crack the top 60. Could be his worst class yet. What happened?

Anyone who doesn’t eat paste knows how completely impossible it is for you to make that claim right now.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
(See my previous post)

Your class is roughly 3/4 full, and one of your worst recruits doesn’t have a grade yet. Some of the current commits may get a small bump, but it is highly unlikely at this point that the average recruit rating rises by a significant amount. I’d be shocked if Iowa State ends up with a top 50 class.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Your class is roughly 3/4 full, and one of your worst recruits doesn’t have a grade yet. Some of the current commits may get a small bump, but it is highly unlikely at this point that the average recruit rating rises by a significant amount. I’d be shocked if Iowa State ends up with a top 50 class.

You are making a lot of sweeping generalizations here. A lot of your claims are based on ratings that are unpredictable. I once saw a recruit with a very very mediocre offer list consisting of 1 P5 team go from an 81 to an 84 to a 90 in 3 months without so much as picking up a football.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
You are making a lot of sweeping generalizations here. A lot of your claims are based on ratings that are unpredictable. I once saw a recruit with a very very mediocre offer list consisting of 1 P5 team go from an 81 to an 84 to a 90 in 3 months without so much as picking up a football.

2021 rankings are going to be pretty worthless just due to the lack of exposure. Hell, there's a decent chance these kids won't even have a senior season. I have a friend who is an AD and here in Iowa football season isn't looking great.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
Who was that?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

Even if Iowa State’s unrated JUCO commit gets a 92 grade (which is obviously incredibly unlikely), your recruiting class would only rise from 84.02 to 84.5. Kansas State finished 52nd last year with an 84.39 rating and 27 commits.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron