All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
He had more carries because he was an all down back, and no you can't do that lol. You can't predict that he would've had that many more yards because he didn't. You're generalizing Wadley's entire career like he was great his freshman and sophomore year, which he wasn't. Look at their final year's of production at the RB position.

2017 Wadley
13 games, 252 carries, 1109 yards, 4.4 avg, 10 TD's

2018 Montgomery
12 games, 257 carries, 1216 yards, 4.7 avg, 13 TD's

That last year was Wadley's senior year. His peak. Montgomery would've peaked his senior year but he was busy starting for Chicago. If you want to make the case Wadley was a better receiver / receiving RB, that's perfectly fine because his stats back that up. As a whole running back though, he was not better. That is why Montgomery got those awards and Wadley didn't.

Montgomery was the better runner, Wadley was the better all around running back.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Wadley was a good player for Iowa and was their entire offense in several games (including the upset win over Michigan). I enjoyed watching him play. Unfortunately, he decided to listen to his uncle instead of the coaching staff, things predictably didn’t work out for him in the NFL, and now he is telling lies and half truths about his time in the Iowa football program.
Good job not mentioning he was black and you find that objectionable.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
So you just randomly decided to join in April and have over 1k posts by July without ever posting here?

Yeah, there’s this crazy virus going around that’s been keeping people stuck inside for the last couple months. Not sure if you’ve heard of it or not.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Player A
Year 1 - 1081 rushing yards, 1396 total yards (6.8 yards per touch), 13 total TDs
Year 2 - 1109 rushing yards, 1462 total yards (5.2 yards per touch), 13 total TDs

Player B
Year 1 - 1146 rushing yards, 1442 total yards (4.9 yards per touch), 11 total TDs
Year 2 - 1216 rushing yards, 1373 total yards (4.9 yards per touch), 13 total TDs

If you blindly compare the players’ stats in their two best seasons, there is nobody that would take Player B over Player A. Wadley was a better, more productive college player than Montgomery. There’s really not even an argument you could make to the contrary.
Player A
1271 rushing yards, 1903 total yards (7.0 yards per touch), 21 total TD's

Player B
2098 rushing yards, 2292 total yards (6.5 yards per touch), 21 total TD's

Who you taking? These are the best years for these two players... Logic says player B right? I mean, a tough tough decision to be made here but most likely player B.

Player A is Saquon Barkley, Player B is Chubba Hubbard. You can't use blind resumes like this to determine who's better.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Montgomery was the better runner, Wadley was the better all around running back.
Then why was David Montgomery used more if he wasn't a better all around back? Why did he make PFF's AA team two times while Wadley didn't receive anything remotely similar? You know the answer to that question..

Reactions: jmb

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Player A
1271 rushing yards, 1903 total yards (7.0 yards per touch), 21 total TD's

Player B
2098 rushing yards, 2292 total yards (6.5 yards per touch), 21 total TD's

Who you taking? These are the best years for these two players... Logic says player B right? I mean, a tough tough decision to be made here but most likely player B.

Player A is Saquon Barkley, Player B is Chubba Hubbard. You can't use blind resumes like this to determine who's better.

Ahhhh, so stats don’t tell the whole story. That makes sense to me. If that’s true though, why did you keep referencing Breece Hall’s stats when you were trying to convince me he was better than Tyler Goodson?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
You keep saying Montgomery had more yards even though he left after his junior year.

He had more yards because he had 88 more carries in his career. If Wadley had the same amount of carries as Montgomery he would have finished with almost 450 more career rushing yards than Montgomery.

Wadley finished with 9 more total touchdowns and 126 more total yards from scrimmage than Montgomery but had 88 fewer career touches.
It is amazing how much just recently you disparage the guy. Now he is better than an NFL player. Holy ****.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ahhhh, so stats don’t tell the whole story. That makes sense to me. If that’s true though, why did you keep referencing Breece Hall’s stats when you were trying to convince me he was better than Tyler Goodson?
Because I don't have to convince you he's better if objective media, reporters, and analysts tell you he's better. Same with NFL scouts. This same argument can be made for David Montgomery. You can't find one list saying Goodson or Wadley were better than Montgomery and Hall.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You're the one who says stats are facts and accolades are opinions lol

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I still don't really get that argument. How can one be a better college athlete but that not translate to the pro's lol? Even if you are trying to say it's a size thing the NFL would still take a chance on you to prove yourself. To me, that's just a coping mechanism hawk fans use

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I still don't really get that argument. How can one be a better college athlete but that not translate to the pro's lol? Even if you are trying to say it's a size thing the NFL would still take a chance on you to prove yourself. To me, that's just a coping mechanism hawk fans use
It's not that simple honestly, that's why I'm not using that as the main basis of my argument. Johnny Football, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Tim Tebow, etc. Those guys are some of the best CFB players of all time yet did relatively nothing in the pros.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Hall had the most broken tackles in the nation by freshman running backs and no Goodson is not faster... Why do you not want to pick the Freshman All American?

Well you can't blame Goodson for Hall having a bad OL.

That said, Hall is definitely a really good bruiser with the ball. I just think Goodson has better vision, is quicker and faster, and obviously can run with power himself, evidenced by the way he trucked Eisworth. We can all agree that Nebby sucks on D but we can also agree that they get stud 4* recruits who are really fast, and Goodson outran them all.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Hall averaged more yards per carry than Goodson. Why is that narrative still a thing?
Because the goal posts move to ypc against top-40 teams and then the Iowa fans try to use two games Hall got 2 total snaps in.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Wadley rushed for over 1000 yards in 2016 and shared carries with another RB that also went over 1000 yards that season.

Montgomery rushed for 53 more career yards but had 88 more career carries.
If Wadley was so great, why did he share carries? Montgomery didn't share carries and he was amazing. Bad coaching by your racist coach? Or is it because he isn't even near the level of RB as DM?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Because the goal posts move to ypc against top-40 teams and then the Iowa fans try to use two games Hall got 2 total snaps in.

It really is crazy that Hall started for 2/3 of the season and essentially only played one top forty defense. Do you honestly not think that getting to play terrible defenses every week has an inflationary effect on Hall’s stats and performances?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
If Wadley was so great, why did he share carries? Montgomery didn't share carries and he was amazing. Bad coaching by your racist coach? Or is it because he isn't even near the level of RB as DM?

Because Wadley decided to listen to his uncle and play at 180 pounds rather than listening to the coaches, who wanted him to play at 190 pounds.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

We cant go there, I see hall sharing carries with brock