Wings - Flats or Drumsticks?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

What kind of wing do you like?

• Total voters

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Great now I want Pizza Pit infernos.

When I'm in Iowa, I often have to make a trek past Ames on I-35. If I go into town, Pizza Pit wings and pizza is why. Last time I was there, it was a comforting feeling to be drinking by myself on a Sunday afternoon.

Reactions: JP4CY

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Pizza Pit infernos = amazing on the way in.

On the way out...

We always called it "Inferno Ass."

Best thing you can do is just jump straight into the shower, dog.

Pizza Pit cheese bread is a 10 and that ham and pepperoni sub with garlic mayo is rockin.

• Dumb
Reactions: 3rdCoastClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
We always called it "Inferno Ass."

Best thing you can do is just jump straight into the shower, dog.

Pizza Pit cheese bread is a 10 and that ham and pepperoni sub with garlic mayo is rockin.

One of the things I miss about living in Ames (especially post-grad days) was watching away games at WAS. Great bar + PIzza Pit menu is hard to beat

Cycloneracer

Mar 17, 2014
SW Iowa
Pizza pit has wings????!!!!!!

I need to get back to Ames for a weekend! Been far too long!!!

Flats all the way....

45 min on the Yoder stick burner at 225. Throw them on the pellet grill at 425 to crisp up and finish.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
If you like drumsticks exclusively you probably grew up in an all white upper-class suburban ass neighborhood. I don't make the rules

I knew I had hit the big time when I was finally able to afford the $1 surcharge at Hooters for all drummies. That was a special day.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Originally when you ordered wings you actually got a whole chicken wing. Not this flat and drummie stuff.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
One of the things I miss about living in Ames (especially post-grad days) was watching away games at WAS. Great bar + PIzza Pit menu is hard to beat

Absolutely, was one of my favorite things to do when I still lived in Ames

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I find flats (first time I've ever heard that term) easier to "clean". It's easy to get every piece of meat and skin off those leaving nothing but a bare bone. Drumsticks seem to have little pieces of cartilage or tendon you have to watch out for and pick around at the wide end making it hard to get all the good meat off.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Pizza pit has wings????!!!!!!

I need to get back to Ames for a weekend! Been far too long!!!

Flats all the way....

45 min on the Yoder stick burner at 225. Throw them on the pellet grill at 425 to crisp up and finish.
Pizza Pit's wings are phenomenal.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Technically the wing is the Drum AND the flat attached. We used to have a local place that served them like that. You'd pay like 50% more, but get double the wings. Alas, they caved to societal pressures (or economics) and now split them.