All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
No I don't think Eisworth will win an award for best defensive player in all of CFB
I actually want to ask your take on an interesting subject. What do you think of Alaric Jackson not being in the watchlist for any awards or being projected as a high draft pick. Considering at the beginning of last year many thought him to be the better tackle between him and Wirfs. Even after his injury last year he continued to play at an elite level and could still improve. What are your thoughts?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I actually want to ask your take on an interesting subject. What do you think of Alaric Jackson not being in the watchlist for any awards or being projected as a high draft pick. Considering at the beginning of last year many thought him to be the better tackle between him and Wirfs. Even after his injury last year he continued to play at an elite level and could still improve. What are your thoughts?

I think if someone thought he was better than Wirfs they were crazy.

Jackson is good but not great IMO. I don't think he progressed into the player people thought he would become after his sophomore year and has some red flags in his background. Linderbaum is better IMO

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Does Iowa have any Olinemen getting early rep?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Jackson is good but not great IMO. I don't think he progressed into the player people thought he would become after his sophomore year and has some red flags in his background. Linderbaum is better IMO

Could be a good project tackle at the next level.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020

People like Jackson because of his size and strengths. I think people didn’t like Wirfs as much as him at first because Wirfs wasn’t a great pass protector coming into last year. I agree Linderbaum is better. He’s a monster and his only a redshirt sophomore.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
People like Jackson because of his size and strengths. I think people didn’t like Wirfs as much as him at first because Wirfs wasn’t a great pass protector coming into last year. I agree Linderbaum is better. He’s a monster and his only a redshirt sophomore.

I think Jackson was better as a sophomore than as a junior. Wirfs is a freak and Linderbaum very well could be in his last year as a Hawkeye. He's that good IMO

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Does Iowa have any Olinemen getting early rep?
Linderbaum is getting hype for the Outland, Rimington, and as a potential first round pick. I don’t think he will win those awards this year but down the road he has a good chance to win one.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think Jackson was better as a sophomore than as a junior. Wirfs is a freak and Linderbaum very well could be in his last year as a Hawkeye. He's that good IMO
Wirfs is definitely a freak. His combine no doubt was impressive.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Is being named an actual AA compared to the best players (P5) better than being an honorable mention AA for MAC teams? Yes, absolute being an actual AA is better

You do realize that Hall was a freshmen all American, right? Meaning the only players that were eligible to be named to that team were freshmen. He wasn't compared to the best players across P5 football, only the other freshmen players.