***2020 CF Olympic Games***

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Is this what you are going for?

Oktoberfest-Brawler.jpg

you, my friend, got one of my first dislikes in a long time.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Game 4 - Survival

After being pipped by the Tongans and the Kiwis in High/Low, the Russian captain was interviewed about getting 4th place.

"St. Petersburg have as many people as all New Zealand. This unacceptable. One building in Moscow have more people than Tonga. This is outrage."

What passion.

In response to the close loss, Russia has asked that the entire Oceania contingent be hereby eliminated from the rest of the Olympic games. A formal request was made, followed SURPRISINGLY quickly by seconding motions from Ukraine, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and Poland.

Le COC obliges to formal requests, but has decided to put things to the test.

The Game - Survival

Each nation will receive one vote on a daily basis. The vote will be used to help in eliminating one country from the competition. At the end of every day, the top 25% of nations in votes received will be eliminated. They will not survive survival.

But le COC understands collusion may make this game too easy. So an additional clause is included in these rules.

If ANY single nation receives more than 20% of the votes, EVERY nation that voted for that nation is eliminated and the nation receiving the votes survives.

All votes are due by 7:30pm CT every weekday.

These rules will be in place until there are 8 remaining nations or less, at which point the second clause will be removed.

The game begins tomorrow (7/14).

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
The Tonga delegation would like all Olympic nation's to know that we have recovered a failed nuclear device with Russian markings. The nuclear device was observed flying across Tongan waters before running out of gas and ended up short of, what we believe was it's intended target, Tongatapu island.

PSYclone22

SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Game 5 - Bobsled

The delegates from the Americas are upset too. They haven't won a single medal yet! With that in mind, and led by cries of approval from the Jamaicans, a bobsledding event has been recommended.

As is the case with many an Olympic event, le COC has accepted and now must hastily put together a bobsled course. We'll be putting it together over the next 2 days.

Because the course will be put together so hastily, it probably isn't very structurally sound (remember, le COC majored in Psychology and doesn't understand enough about structural integrity and the ins and outs of stress analyses). Therefore, rather than having each nation run the course with two athletes, each nation will select one athlete and be paired up randomly with another nation to complete the run.

Additionally, the course will be so flimsy that there won't be any practice run. Each bobsledding duo will have to guess where they need to go straight, turn left or turn right.

The Game - Bobsled

The course will be designed with 22 unique 100 meter sections. There will be:

-12 straight sections
-5 left sections
-5 right sections

The goal of each nation is to submit what they think the correct order of sections will be. Their answer will be paired with their randomly chosen partner nation's selection.

On Thursday, each duo will run through the course (i.e. I'll post their response and how they performed). You will not know who you are paired with until Thursday's runs. A draw will determine teams that day. There's some math involved in determining who wins, but you don't have to worry about that unless you're worried about the integrity of the Olympics.

Here's the math part:

Each bobsled starts with a velocity of 400 meters per minute.

If both nations select the correct direction for a section, they increase their velocity by 100 meters per minute, effective for that section. If both nations select the wrong direction for a section, their velocity decreases by 100 meters per minute. If one nation selects correctly and one nation choose wrong, their velocity remains the same.

If at any time the bobsled velocity hits zero, they crash! Sadly, with such a strange structural design, models project that about 50% of bobsleds will crash.

Whichever bobsled finishes fastest wins (or if everyone crashes whoever's gets farthest).

Submit your response in the below format by EOD Wednesday (like 7:30 or so). The first two sections of the track WILL BE STRAIGHT.

1. Straight
2. Straight
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
21. ________
22. ________

Reactions: srjclone

PSYclone22

SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
A delegate has brought to my attention that in my write-up for game 1 I overtly mentioned the Discord alliance without overtly mentioning the alliance from Oceania or maybe possibly an alliance between Tanzania / Trinidad and Tobago / Iceland / Uganda / Norway that the data from game 1 suggests existed.

Said delegate thinks it behooves the collection of nations to know this in order for game 4 to be fair.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Game 4 - Survival

After being pipped by the Tongans and the Kiwis in High/Low, the Russian captain was interviewed about getting 4th place.

"St. Petersburg have as many people as all New Zealand. This unacceptable. One building in Moscow have more people than Tonga. This is outrage."

What passion.

In response to the close loss, Russia has asked that the entire Oceania contingent be hereby eliminated from the rest of the Olympic games. A formal request was made, followed SURPRISINGLY quickly by seconding motions from Ukraine, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and Poland.

Le COC obliges to formal requests, but has decided to put things to the test.

The Game - Survival

Each nation will receive one vote on a daily basis. The vote will be used to help in eliminating one country from the competition. At the end of every day, the top 25% of nations in votes received will be eliminated. They will not survive survival.

But le COC understands collusion may make this game too easy. So an additional clause is included in these rules.

If ANY single nation receives more than 20% of the votes, EVERY nation that voted for that nation is eliminated and the nation receiving the votes survives.

All votes are due by 7:30pm CT every weekday.

These rules will be in place until there are 8 remaining nations or less, at which point the second clause will be removed.

The game begins tomorrow (7/14).
Can we get a new list of all nations participating in the games?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
A delegate has brought to my attention that in my write-up for game 1 I overtly mentioned the Discord alliance without overtly mentioning the alliance from Oceania or maybe possibly an alliance between Tanzania / Trinidad and Tobago / Iceland / Uganda / Norway that the data from game 1 suggests existed.

Said delegate thinks it behooves the collection of nations to know this in order for game 4 to be fair.

Uganda had no formal alliances in game 1

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

OMGUS, TMI

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I struggled to even know what the hell I was doing, let alone be in an alliance. I would have been more confused.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The Tonga delegation would like all Olympic nation's to know that we have recovered a failed nuclear device with Russian markings. The nuclear device was observed flying across Tongan waters before running out of gas and ended up short of, what we believe was it's intended target, Tongatapu island.

Lies. Tonga does not have radar. Or waters.

Help Support Us

Become a patron