All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Try reading my post again - I said other than Milton. That means Nico Ragaini is better than Sean Shaw and every other non-Milton WR on Iowa State’s roster.
Ah alright. I mean honestly I can't prove you wrong right now. At this moment, I would take ISM and Brandon Smith over Sean Shaw. He did well for his first year last year, but is still unproven. The other guys that although might be talented, are also unproven. Nico and Milton play similar positions so they're more comparable than Brandon Smith and ISM are to Milton.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Minnesota, a "top-40" defense last year, played 1 offense in the top-40, #38 Wisconsin. Wisconsin put up 38 points against them.

Northwestern, another "top 40" defense last year, played 2 offenses in the top-40, #38 Wisconsin and #3 Ohio State. Wisconsin put up 24 (not bad), and Ohio State put up 52.

Out of the 5 top-40 defenses Goodson played against, he played the best and statistically was the best in those two games. Crown him.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
You took a handful of games, using an arbitrary starting point (top-40), to try and prove your point. Your metric undermines Hall in the sole fact that he truly played in 1 of the first 5 games. Breece didn't play against 3 of the 5 top-40 teams.

Your data point causes you to be impressed with 5 carries for 26 yards and 0 TD's, but completely throws out the window 19 carries, 183 yards, and 2 TD's.
You might be my new favorite poster because you too use facts to back up an argument. I welcome you. The fact that he continues to clearly cherry pick stats boggles my mind.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You might be my new favorite poster because you too use facts to back up an argument. I welcome you. The fact that he continues to clearly cherry pick stats boggles my mind.
Using that metric as the main factor in determining who's better is just dumb. He said he isn't trying to undermine Hall, but he literally threw out every single stat of his that didn't conform to his guidelines, which completely undermines him.

Using his logic, Kene Nwangu had the best ypc out of every running back between the two teams against top-40 defenses. It was 6.7. Do you know why he didn't bring that up? Because he had 1-2 nice runs in his games that made up the majority of his yards and otherwise did relatively nothing.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
The only option at DE for anybodies All Iowa team is Bailey and McDonald. Anybody who puts anything else is trolling.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Way too early to be putting him on this team. Has a ton of potential though. 6 sacks and a FF last year.

Loads of potential and I wouldn't be surprised if he was on this roster somewhere by year's end, but he hasn't done enough to take Golston's spot.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Loads of potential and I wouldn't be surprised if he was on this roster somewhere by year's end, but he hasn't done enough to take Golston's spot.

More career sacks than Golston and the same amount of turnovers forced. I guess I will take the guy who makes an impact on the plays he is in over just a body taking up space out there.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
More career sacks than Golston and the same amount of turnovers forced. I guess I will take the guy who makes an impact on the plays he is in over just a body taking up space out there.

Interesting. Might have to change my order especially considering he's facing much better offensive players

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Worked an NFL draft pick OT from Kansas.

Yeah he's explosive. That's why it's hard for me to look at numbers for defensive players in the Big Ten West. Epenesa racked up a ton of sacks and he was slow. They don't face mobile QB's or just team speed in general in that league

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Golston had over 3 times as many tackles as McDonald and was All-B1G last year. He's 2nd team All-B1G going into this season. You calling him "just a body taking up space" shows you're either trolling or clueless. Even your fellow ISU poster agrees that Golston is the better pick. Like I said, WM has loads of potential.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Golston had over 3 times as many tackles as McDonald and was All-B1G last year. He's 2nd team All-B1G going into this season. You calling him "just a body taking up space" shows you're either trolling or clueless. Even your fellow ISU poster agrees that Golston is the better pick. Like I said, WM has loads of potential.
McDonald will have his shot to make this list. He's a true sophomore. He should not be on this list though right now. Peterson is clearly above him at the moment. Last year as a RS FR, he had 41 tackles (23 solo), 2 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles, one of them on kickoff. He's going to be really really good by the time he's done, as "Will" McDonald.