All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Baker and Kyler are trash too.

Don't forget Mahomes. I mean the dude thought Nate Stanley was better than Brock Purdy and Montgomery only broke tackles because he played in the Big 12. At some point you should get banned for such nonsense

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And you think a RB on your favorite team is better on the basis of him racking up stats against some of the worst P5 defenses in the country.

And “articles” about each player don’t mean squat. There were a ton of articles talking about how good Mike Warren was after his freshman season, too. Even some national writers saying he could rush for 2,000 yards in a season. We all know how that one worked out.

You think Nixon is the most talented D Lineman in the state even though he's going against some of the worst P5 offenses in the country. The difference is he doesn't have stats or accolades to back that up lol

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
So now your entire argument is based on the fact that the Big 12 defenses are bad, so therefore there can't be any good players in the Big 12 on offense?

My argument is that both Goodson and Hall have played only one season. Both players ended that season with the same ypc average. However, Hall played mostly terrible defenses, whereas Goodson played a number of very good defenses. Hall may very well end up being the better player, but claiming that he is definitively better because he racked up a bunch of
stats against garbage defenses is pretty silly.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And you think a RB on your favorite team is better on the basis of him racking up stats against some of the worst P5 defenses in the country.

And “articles” about each player don’t mean squat. There were a ton of articles talking about how good Mike Warren was after his freshman season, too. Even some national writers saying he could rush for 2,000 yards in a season. We all know how that one worked out.
Goodson didn't have 100 rushing yards combined against Illinois, Purdue, and Rutgers. Those teams rank 77th, 98th, and 100th in total defense. Breece had 132 yards against just WVU, the 74th best team. Breece also had 3 TD's.

In two games (TTU / WVU), Breece racked up 50% of Goodson's yardage in the entire season. He also had the same amount of TD's in those two games as Goodson did the entire season.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
My argument is that both Goodson and Hall have played only one season. Both players ended that season with the same ypc average. However, Hall played mostly terrible defenses, whereas Goodson played a number of very good defenses. Hall may very well end up being the better player, but claiming that he is definitively better because he racked up a bunch of
stats against garbage defenses is pretty silly.
So when Iowa went 12-0 against terrible teams, your argument was that Iowa doesn't pick their schedule. But when Breece torches the teams he plays, you take everything away from him because it's HIS fault he torched the bad teams. Got it.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Goodson didn't have 100 rushing yards combined against Illinois, Purdue, and Rutgers. Those teams rank 77th, 98th, and 100th in total defense. Breece had 132 yards against just WVU, the 74th best team. Breece also had 3 TD's.

In two games (TTU / WVU), Breece racked up 50% of Goodson's yardage in the entire season. He also had the same amount of TD's in those two games as Goodson did the entire season.

If we’re basing our decisions solely off stats, then Sam LaPorta is better than Chase Allen and Dylan Soehner, and Iowa’s receivers are better than Iowa State’s receivers.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
So when Iowa went 12-0 against terrible teams, your argument was that Iowa doesn't pick their schedule. But when Breece torches the teams he plays, you take everything away from him because it's HIS fault he torched the bad teams. Got it.

I’m not taking anything away from Hall. He’s really good. I just think Goodson is better because he has proven his abilities against good defenses. Hall has not. You guys are acting like I am claiming that Hall sucks, when that could not be further from the truth.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

Yup, pretty hard for a sophomore DT to play a huge role in the Big Ten. Iowa’s defensive tackles generally do not put up big stats, and Nixon still had 5.5 TFL and 3 sacks as a rotational player. There’s a reason Alabama wanted him so badly.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’m not taking anything away from Hall. He’s really good. I just think Goodson is better because he has proven his abilities against good defenses. Hall has not. You guys are acting like I am claiming that Hall sucks, when that could not be further from the truth.
You took a handful of games, using an arbitrary starting point (top-40), to try and prove your point. Your metric undermines Hall in the sole fact that he truly played in 1 of the first 5 games. Breece didn't play against 3 of the 5 top-40 teams.

Your data point causes you to be impressed with 5 carries for 26 yards and 0 TD's, but completely throws out the window 19 carries, 183 yards, and 2 TD's.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yup, pretty hard for a sophomore DT to play a huge role in the Big Ten. Iowa’s defensive tackles generally do not put up big stats, and Nixon still had 5.5 TFL and 3 sacks as a rotational player. There’s a reason Alabama wanted him so badly.

Those are pretty terrible stats vs the worst P5 offenses in the country.

Nixon isn't better than Heflin or Gholston and certainly isn't better than Enyi, Bailey, McDonald and Petersen so yeah the "best DL in the state" is actually 7th best

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
You took a handful of games, using an arbitrary starting point (top-40), to try and prove your point. Your metric undermines Hall in the sole fact that he truly played in 1 of the first 5 games. Breece didn't play against 3 of the 5 top-40 teams.

Your data point causes you to be impressed with 5 carries for 26 yards and 0 TD's, but completely throws out the window 19 carries, 183 yards, and 2 TD's.

If you want to base your opinions solely off stats, that’s fine. That means ISM, Brandon Smith, Tyrone Tracy, and Nico Ragaini are all better than any receiver on Iowa State’s roster other than Milton. Similarly, Sam LaPorta is better than any TE on Iowa State’s roster other than Charlie Kolar.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How is that funny @Brodie0 ? Obviously Bailey and Enyi have proven their better. McDonald had 6 sacks last year and Petersen is 3rd team on Athlon. All of this while facing much better competition

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
How is that funny @Brodie0 ? Obviously Bailey and Enyi have proven their better. McDonald had 6 sacks last year and Petersen is 3rd team on Athlon. All of this while facing much better competition

Big Ten offensive lines are WAAAYYYYYYY better than Big XII offensive lines.

And how has Enyi proven he is better? Nixon tied Enyi’s career-best 5.5 TFL in his first season playing, and has the same number of sacks in one season as Enyi has in his career.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If you want to base your opinions solely off stats, that’s fine. That means ISM, Brandon Smith, Tyrone Tracy, and Nico Ragaini are all better than any receiver on Iowa State’s roster other than Milton. Similarly, Sam LaPorta is better than any TE on Iowa State’s roster other than Charlie Kolar.
Well I mean that's just not true.. Milton had 35 catches, 722 yards, 20.6 ypc, and 3 TD's. Outside of TD's, that blows everyone else out of the water..

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Well I mean that's just not true.. Milton had 35 catches, 722 yards, 20.6 ypc, and 3 TD's. Outside of TD's, that blows everyone else out of the water..

Try reading my post again - I said other than Milton. That means Nico Ragaini is better than Sean Shaw and every other non-Milton WR on Iowa State’s roster.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron