Iowa Football Recruiting

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And you think comparing 4 years of data for Nebraska to 21 years of data for Iowa was a good way to make your point?

You could have just used the same 4 year time period for Iowa (2011-2014) and made your point even more convincing since Iowa went 15-17 in B1G games during that time period.
I used the 4 years because that's when they still had their B12 roster and coaching staff. It was their first 4 years in the B1G.
This is very difficult for you to comprehend, so just move it along then.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I used the 4 years because that's when they still had their B12 roster and coaching staff. It was their first 4 years in the B1G.
This is very difficult for you to comprehend, so just move it along then.

I understand why you used 4 years for Nebraska buddy boy.

Using 21 years for Iowa to try and compare the 2 is the part that doesn't make any sense.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I’m sure you’re too stupid to understand context and large words.

he was answered. When any of those kids don’t pan out, see how they’re treated.

but why do you support racism and rape cover up and denying housing to people who need it?

you have already said you will root for Iowa when Brian is still the coach. You support racism

Kids that don’t pan out? You mean kids like Devonte Young, who asked Kirk and Mary Ferentz to walk onto the field with him on Senior Day when his own parents couldn’t be there?

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Iowa has averaged 9-3 regular season record over the past 5 years. I don't think 5 years is all that random of a time period and when I've mentioned it it's in response to someone talking about Iowa's average 7-win seasons. Whenever KF's B1G titles, COtY awards, back-to-back top-10 finishes, etc. is discussed, we're told all that happened decades ago and that it's ancient history. So I'd think focusing on the last 5 years would be appreciated. Maybe not.
Yet Iowa fans continue to bring up ISU's garbage history (which everyone knows) that was all pre-CMC. Makes sense.
If you are talking about what Iowa has been under the current head coach, you use the total time, IMO. It would make a lick of sense to use the last 5. If you wanna say that Iowa has trended up or improved as of late, then yea, the last 5 years make sense. But when looking at the entire subset of numbers, Iowa is still a 7-5/8-4 team, on average, under KF.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yet Iowa fans continue to bring up ISU's garbage history (which everyone knows) that was all pre-CMC. Makes sense.
If you are talking about what Iowa has been under the current head coach, you use the total time, IMO. It would make a lick of sense to use the last 5. If you wanna say that Iowa has trended up or improved as of late, then yea, the last 5 years make sense. But when looking at the entire subset of numbers, Iowa is still a 7-5/8-4 team, on average, under KF.

Ok, so all those accolades from the early and mid-2000s do count, sweet.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Benji or buddy gave us an approximate 18 timeframe for what counts. So that would say form 2002 til now will count until the season starts, then it will be 2003. Odd, I know, but that is their guidelines in how to consider Nebraska, so I figure that is the hawkeye time frame.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Kids that don’t pan out? You mean kids like Devonte Young, who asked Kirk and Mary Ferentz to walk onto the field with him on Senior Day when his own parents couldn’t be there?

Anecdotal evidence is so cute.

What about the 65 that he discriminated against? Do they count in your mind benj?

You actually tried to argue Doyle wasn’t racist the other day. Then gonzo said he was paid off because he was racist.

I mean you lie about everything anyway, but which is it? One guy is truthful and 65 are liars?

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
He probably has trophies, why would they not count? Granted he hasn't even won the big 10 in its current format which gives them one of the easiest routes to make the championship game while almost annually not having to play the best team in the entire league.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Are you still going to support Iowa when Brian is still the oc?

Going to wait and see what the review tells us. I didn't like what he apparently did according to some of the players, but don't know the extent of his actions/words/behavior. If the review reveals behavior that deserves the axe, I'll have no problem saying that. If he's kept on board and I think he should be let go, I won't be happy with it and will have no problem voicing that. I think if what Seth Wallace is accused of did happen, which it sounds like it did, he should be gone.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If the season is cancelled, do athletes can an extra year? And, if so, I suspect an extra year of education. For most that's a heck of a deal (another free year of education).

Automatic redshirt if available. Rest could apply for an exemption. Not everyone wants six years of college.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Automatic redshirt if available. Rest could apply for an exemption. Not everyone wants six years of college.
Not sure how that will all work out. NCAA will have to increase the total number of scholarships available and not sure how they will go about bringing the number back down.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Not sure how that will all work out. NCAA will have to increase the total number of scholarships available and not sure how they will go about bringing the number back down.

Those are the current options. We're going to see a ton of transfers as schools will look to find a way to keep the seniors that would be mutually beneficial for return and an incoming recruiting class.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Going to wait and see what the review tells us. I didn't like what he apparently did according to some of the players, but don't know the extent of his actions/words/behavior. If the review reveals behavior that deserves the axe, I'll have no problem saying that. If he's kept on board and I think he should be let go, I won't be happy with it and will have no problem voicing that. I think if what Seth Wallace is accused of did happen, which it sounds like it did, he should be gone.
Do you think Doyle should have been kept through the review?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Do you think Doyle should have been kept through the review?

It sounds like virtually all of the guys speaking out identified Doyle as the most consistent and egregious offender, and getting rid of him prior to the review seemed to be a move they supported and backed. Some also have pointed at BF as another part of the problem. It sounds like those allegations weren't as expansive as those against Doyle. I imagine if the former players and players involved had problems with getting rid of Doyle prior to the review, or with not getting rid of BF before the review, they would make their voices heard about it. I haven't heard any of them yet who've had a problem with the way it's gone down so far. I'm going to defer to them, since they're the ones that have been impacted.

So short answer, I'm fine with letting Doyle go before the review and waiting to see on BF.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Just want to come back to this, Tanner Morgan is still a member of the Minnesota football team.

Lol if you hadn’t been fishing for lord knows what in my post history you would have read the context of that conversation was Legendhawk saying that ISU’s defensive front wasn’t as good as some others because none got drafted when the vast majority return. So I was being sarcastic in my response to him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hopefully more good news tomorrow. I think Iowa State is the leader but Northwestern and Virginia Tech are pushing hard

Reactions: CyPunch

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Weird, i've seen you and especially @Gonzo tell us Iowa isn't a 7-5 average team but use some random time period to make your points. Like I believe it is "Iowa is a 9-3 team......the last 4 years."
Only probably Nebraska. A&M will never be a top tier team in the SEC and Missouri...come on lol. Colorado, maybe, but I highly doubt it. But as other posters have pointed out, all those teams did quite well when they first moved over and still had their Big12 talent. Crazy how their recruiting has shifted to recruiting talent similar to their same conferences and now aren't worth a crap. Guess it just really shows how strong the BIG12 is.
Missouri
2009: 8-5 (4-4) Big12
2010:10-3 (6-2) Big12
2011: 8-5 (5-4) Big12
2012: 5-7 (2-6) SEC
2013: 12-2 (7-1) SEC
2014: 11-3 (7-1) SEC
a one year dip but then competed pretty well for a few years..
Texas A&M
2009: 6-7 (3-5) Big12
2010: 9-3 (6-2) Big12
2011: 7-6 (4-5) Big12
2012: 11-2 (6-2) SEC
2013: 9-4 (4-4) SEC
2014: 8-5 (3-5)SEC
average then good right after the switch then average again...

And you think comparing 4 years of data for Nebraska to 21 years of data for Iowa was a good way to make your point?

You could have just used the same 4 year time period for Iowa (2011-2014) and made your point even more convincing since Iowa went 15-17 in B1G games during that time period.
so NE first few years in the B1G using talent recruited while a B12 school was better then the talent they brought in as a B1G school??

Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron