All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Do you admit the Big 10 defenses aren't that great because the offensives are so piss poor?

That’s why I like to use SP+, because it accounts for the strength of opponents’ offenses and defenses. According to SP+, your assertion is false.

I will agree (and have in prior posts) that the more basic defensive stats (like total yards, PPG, etc.) are inflated due to some of the bad offenses in the Big Ten.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That’s why I like to use SP+, because it accounts for the strength of opponents’ offenses and defenses. According to SP+, your assertion is false.

I will agree (and have in prior posts) that the more basic defensive stats (like total yards, PPG, etc.) are inflated due to some of the bad offenses in the Big Ten.
So if you like those analytics, why do you disagree whole heartedly with PFF, who marked Breece Hall as a 1st team freshman AA when they base their grades on analytics?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
We aren't fragile, we just believe in facts. Tangible things. Like accolades. You are trying your absolute hardest to make it appear Goodson was just as good as Hall, but he wasn't and it's not even close.

It's funny you bring up the Big12's "bad defenses" but refuse to talk about how the Big10 has some of the worst offenses in all of college football and how THAT inflates your conferences defensive stats

Haha OMFG this is great. Stats are tangible facts. Accolades are subjective opinions based on the person(s) awarding that accolades.

The stats (you know, those tangible facts you are so obsessed with) show that Goodson and Hall had the same yards per carry average despite Goodson playing much tougher defenses. I’m sorry you don’t like them, but those are the FACTS.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

But you only use the top 40...

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
So if you like those analytics, why do you disagree whole heartedly with PFF, who marked Breece Hall as a 1st team freshman AA when they base their grades on analytics?

I’ve already said that PFF is a useful tool, but it is not the be all, end all. IIRC, PFF does not account for strength of opponent in its grades (I.e. it grades a play the same, regardless of whether the opponent is Alabama or Louisiana Monroe).

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019

Haha OMFG this is great. Stats are tangible facts. Accolades are subjective opinions based on the person(s) awarding that accolades.

The stats (you know, those tangible facts you are so obsessed with) show that Goodson and Hall had the same yards per carry average despite Goodson playing much tougher defenses. I’m sorry you don’t like them, but those are the FACTS.
This is quite the turn

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

Hall is bigger and faster than Goodson, just like Goodson is quicker and more elusive than Hall is.

I don’t think Hall is a better receiver than Goodson is. Much of Hall’s receiving yardage comes from him catching checkdown/dump off passes in the flats.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

You can't cherry pick one single statistic based off of poor data! Iowa and Iowa State both played against 5 top-40 defenses. Breece had 2 carries in 3 of those games, and yet you want to say he did bad against those teams? That's a joke and you know it lol.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Hall is bigger and faster than Goodson, just like Goodson is quicker and more elusive than Hall is.

I don’t think Hall is a better receiver than Goodson is. Much of Hall’s receiving yardage comes from him catching checkdown/dump off passes in the flats.
Brock had 1 less catch and almost 100 yards more receiving yards than Goodson. Goodson's ypc was 6.9 compared to Breece's 11. Gtfo lol.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Goodson is quicker and more elusive? How do you figure? Hall is definitely faster and quicker and I'd be shocked if he didn't break more tackles last year than Goodson

Hall averaged 11 yards per catch. Goodson averaged 6.9 yards per catch. How is Hall the one catching check downs? Lol

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Brock had 1 less catch and almost 100 yards more receiving yards than Goodson. Goodson's ypc was 6.9 compared to Breece's 11. Gtfo lol.

Do you even watch the games dude? Hall catches dump down passes and turns them into big gains by either (1) the defenses in the Big XII being terrible, or (2) breaking tackles (but again, see point #1). Neither of those things have anything to do with his ability as a pass catcher.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Do you even watch the games dude? Hall catches dump down passes and turns them into big gains by either (1) the defenses in the Big XII being terrible, or (2) breaking tackles (again, see point #1). Neither of those things have anything to do with his ability as a pass catcher.

This is just dumb. I mean Hall had 4 catches for 45 yards vs Notre Dame

How many Iowa State games did you even watch?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Do you even watch the games dude? Hall catches dump down passes and turns them into big gains by either (1) the defenses in the Big XII being terrible, or (2) breaking tackles (but again, see point #1). Neither of those things have anything to do with his ability as a pass catcher.
Wait wait wait, so can any offensive player in the Big 12 be good using that logic? And yeah I watched the games.. Breece was catching the same routes David Montgomery did. Was David Montgomery a bad receiving running back?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wait wait wait, so can any offensive player in the Big 12 be good using that logic? And yeah I watched the games.. Breece was catching the same routes David Montgomery did. Was David Montgomery a bad receiving running back?

He's using the same logic he did when he told us all last summer than Nate Stanley was better than Brock Purdy. We saw how that panned out

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
This is just dumb. I mean Hall had 4 catches for 45 yards vs Notre Dame

How many Iowa State games did you even watch?

LOL! Hall’s four catches against Notre Dame:

(1) swing pass behind the line of scrimmage
(2) check down 2-3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage
(3) WR screen at/near the line of scrimmage
(4) swing pass behind the line of scrimmage

Hall doesn’t run routes, he just catches dump offs and check down passes.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Breaking news: A running back plays the running back position and does not in fact play the WR position.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Interesting on #3 that they lined him up at WR. Dude is crazy versatile

I'll ask again. How many Iowa State games did you watch?