All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We’ve discussed this before.

Hall: Terrible against good defenses

Goodson: Awesome against good defenses

Both are 2nd team preseason all-conference players. Congrats to Breece Hall on earning a bunch of accolades for racking up stats against garbage defenses, though.

So PFF isn't credible now? You're literally just using it for a MAC player

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Both are 2nd team preseason all-conference players. Congrats to Breece Hall on earning a bunch of accolades for racking up stats against garbage defenses, though.
Why don't you ever talk about Iowa's defensive players that get to go up against historically bad offenses like Northwestern?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
We’ve been over this a million times. Goodson was a stud against top defenses last year, and Hall was awful. Both are preseason 2nd team all-conference players. If you think choosing Goodson over Hall is trolling, you don’t know much about college football.
Stuck on fail now.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How do you have Goodson over Hall?
Unless he's expecting Hall not to increase his production, there's no reason Goodson is above Hall.
We’ve been over this a million times. Goodson was a stud against top defenses last year, and Hall was awful. Both are preseason 2nd team all-conference players. If you think choosing Goodson over Hall is trolling, you don’t know much about college football.
Goodson had 76 total rushing yards against Wisconsin, Michigan, and Penn State. That is not being a stud in those games. He had one single game over 100 yards last year. That is not being a stud. He had 38 yards on 21 carries against Illinois and 6 yards total against Purdue. That is not being a stud.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
So PFF isn't credible now? You're literally just using it for a MAC player

That’s not why I put Heflin on the team. I put Heflin on the team because he is a better DT than anyone Iowa State has to offer. @jmb is the one that thinks Heflin should automatically be on the team because he was a PFF All-American.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Unless he's expecting Hall not to increase his production, there's no reason Goodson is above Hall.

Goodson had 76 total rushing yards against Wisconsin, Michigan, and Penn State. That is not being a stud in those games. He had one single game over 100 yards last year. That is not being a stud. He had 38 yards on 21 carries against Illinois and 6 yards total against Purdue. That is not being a stud.

Hall is bigger, better, faster and stronger than Goodson. He's trolling

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

Goodson averaged over 5 YPC against SP+ Top 40 defenses last year. Hall averaged 3. Their production against good defenses was not even close.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That’s not why I put Heflin on the team. I put Heflin on the team because he is a better DT than anyone Iowa State has to offer. @jmb is the one that thinks Heflin should automatically be on the team because he was a PFF All-American.

You've referred to Heflin as an All American multiple times so I'll ask again:

Is PFF credible?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Goodson averaged over 5 YPC against SP+ Top 40 defenses last year. Hall averaged 3. Their production against good defenses was not even close.
I'll give credit for Goodson having a very good game against Minnesota. You will not see me ranting and raving for him racking up 26 yards on 5 carries against Wisconsin, or 16 yards on 3 carries against ISU, or 35 yards on 8 carries against Penn State. He also had a huge fumble in the Penn State game that hurt Iowa big time. Spare me the stud comment.

He was a good freshman RB last year. But you're comparing him to the literal best freshman RB in the nation last year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They have like 250 All Conference guys in their teams so sounds about right. You basically have to suck to not even get HM
So what he's saying is the 6th best RB in the Big 10 is better than the 2nd best in the Big 12? The best RB in the Big 12 could be the best in the entire country next year too.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'll give credit for Goodson having a very good game against Minnesota. You will not see me ranting and raving for him racking up 26 yards on 5 carries against Wisconsin, or 16 yards on 3 carries against ISU, or 35 yards on 8 carries against Penn State. He also had a huge fumble in the Penn State game that hurt Iowa big time. Spare me the stud comment.

He was a good freshman RB last year. But you're comparing him to the literal best freshman RB in the nation last year.

Speaking of fumbles

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
If I could run, I would. Major messed up ankle with 4 surgeries on it. 15 miles around streets of Ames in 1:02:00 at 5 am in the morning is pretty damn good! Thought I may even get a glimpse of the comet, but nope.
The cardio is hardio

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019

You're right, we've been over this a million times and if Goodson is the world beater you claim then why didn't he just destroy against terrible teams? Goodson is burst player. He isn't a workhorse who will get you 4-5 YPC. His YPC was 5 because he would bust one run. ONE. The rest of his runs were very small.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You're right, we've been over this a million times and if Goodson is the world beater you claim then why didn't he just destroy against terrible teams?
97 total rushing yards against the likes of Rutgers, Purdue, and Illinois.