Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That's really unfortunate.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Having had cancer, I introspectively tried to ascertain why. I jogged 4-5 miles daily, ate healthier than most, and lived a comfortable lifestyle. So, naturally, I thought "what 'might' have contributed to it?". Though unscientific (outside of my own observations), I narrowed my suspicions down to a few things: cell phone use, two very stressful events in my life, genetically modified foods, or computers. I now live in what's called the 'quiet zone', eat organic, have a wonderful outdoorsy life, and feel better than I can ever recall. The only thing (because it's my livelihood) is I can't toss the computer. Whether those are the solution or not, time will only tell. I offer this as there is growing concern our wireless/electrical obsessions are negatively impacting our health. I'm not hear to preach to you, but rather to allow you the opportunity to do some research for yourself. But be forewarned, money has a way of skewing the truth.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I believe we all have cancer cells that are just waiting for a major stress that drops our immunity so that they can attack.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
She wasn't the greatest actress but she had memorable roles. Her part as Tom Cruise's wife in Jerry Maguire was great. Her bit part as a news reporter in From Dusk 'Till Dawn was hilarious. First thing I remember her in was Space Camp in the 80s with Lea Thompson, Tate Donovan, Joaquin Phoenix, Kate Capshaw, Tom Skerrit, etc.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
One of my favorite guilty pleasure movies is Sky High, and she and Kurt Russell were really good together in that.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
John Travolta has had a lot of rare and horrible life circumstances happen to him. :(

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I most remember her in Twins:
1_Kelly-Preston-Twins.jpg

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I believe we all have cancer cells that are just waiting for a major stress that drops our immunity so that they can attack.

Cancer cells are just natural cells that no longer undergo apoptosis. They then start growing out of control.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Having had cancer, I introspectively tried to ascertain why. I jogged 4-5 miles daily, ate healthier than most, and lived a comfortable lifestyle. So, naturally, I thought "what 'might' have contributed to it?". Though unscientific (outside of my own observations), I narrowed my suspicions down to a few things: cell phone use, two very stressful events in my life, genetically modified foods, or computers. I now live in what's called the 'quiet zone', eat organic, have a wonderful outdoorsy life, and feel better than I can ever recall. The only thing (because it's my livelihood) is I can't toss the computer. Whether those are the solution or not, time will only tell. I offer this as there is growing concern our wireless/electrical obsessions are negatively impacting our health. I'm not hear to preach to you, but rather to allow you the opportunity to do some research for yourself. But be forewarned, money has a way of skewing the truth.

Could also just be bad luck unfortunately, which is one of the reasons why cancer is so insidious.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
She wasn't the greatest actress but she had memorable roles. Her part as Tom Cruise's wife in Jerry Maguire was great. Her bit part as a news reporter in From Dusk 'Till Dawn was hilarious. First thing I remember her in was Space Camp in the 80s with Lea Thompson, Tate Donovan, Joaquin Phoenix, Kate Capshaw, Tom Skerrit, etc.
Mischief

Reactions: C.John

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I saw that in the newspaper and it really Pi**ed me off ...My little sister had breast cancer and then it moved to the Brain and it caused her death at age 54.....RIP Kelly Preston and RIP Sweet Pamela.......

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Serious question. Do they follow certain religion that limits treatment options?

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I don’t know why but every time I see For the love of the game with her and Kevin Costner I just really like it for some reason.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Could also just be bad luck unfortunately, which is one of the reasons why cancer is so insidious.
I couldn't agree more, but "chance favors the prepared mind". That being said, I do believe there's a point of obsession where it becomes psychologically unhealthy. So, I've done what I can, am really enjoying the beautiful area I live in, and find the silver lining every day. That's all we can do.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron