SUMMER SERIES: On the immediate future of college football

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
We need to start a white feather society like in England during WW1. Pretty ladies would go around pinning white feathers on men that weren’t volunteering or they thought were sidestepping the draft. But in this iteration people that aren’t wearing masks get black flower or something.

Are you kidding me. Maybe you could see the problem with this statement if you think about other things that were given to people to wear during the WW's.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
On a related note, today was the first time at HyVee it seemed that the majority of customers were masked up. Purely anecdotal, but we'll see if it's a trend or not

Reactions: isutrevman

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
ISU has already filled 30K season tix for 2020. I just don’t know how much money that amounts to. One issue with what I posted is that families would pay $1000 per seat, which is a lot more that the price of most tickets/donations.

Some of those are student season tickets. You think college students would hand that over?

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
Thanks for pointing that out. No, I don’t think students will pay that. Nor expect them to. I have already pointed out flaws in my idea and this is why I asked for everyone’s thoughts. Feel free to add some constructive insight.

RClone

Dec 8, 2019
Now we agree on something.

So ...you two enjoy offending devout Christians by posting ***..no problem...two thoughts though:

One - You can get away with it now...someday, you will stand before Him to give an account. You give an account of every uttered word. He is the True Judge..the one that counts.

Two, I dare you try using that same tactic on a predominantly Muslim forum...using Mohammed instead of Jesus. Yah..not so much huh?

Knock off the blasphemy ...or go to some agnostic or atheist site...where it is celebrated ..(I guess). It would be nice if the moderator would clean up the obvious.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
So ...you two enjoy offending devout Christians by posting ***..no problem...two thoughts though:

One - You can get away with it now...someday, you will stand before Him to give an account. You give an account of every uttered word. He is the True Judge..the one that counts.

Two, I dare you try using that same tactic on a predominantly Muslim forum...using Mohammed instead of Jesus. Yah..not so much huh?

Knock off the blasphemy ...or go to some agnostic or atheist site...where it is celebrated ..(I guess). It would be nice if the moderator would clean up the obvious.

JFM.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Patriot League moving to the Spring.

Okay so last night I was watching MLS on ESPN and they had the ticker going and I swear it said “NCAA/Universities expected to announce no play for fall/winter sports until spring-The Athletic”. I watched for another two hours and never saw it again. Weird.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Thanks for pointing that out. No, I don’t think students will pay that. Nor expect them to. I have already pointed out flaws in my idea and this is why I asked for everyone’s thoughts. Feel free to add some constructive insight.

You may have missed my earlier question and maybe I missed it but what about having alumni/fans from all over chip in smaller donations? Wouldn't that be less personal donations that could add up to more overall funding than just fans that attend games?

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
The very sad thought I had while listening to this podcast was there is a very real scenario where Brock Purdy never plays another snap for us. Such a sad situation. I don’t think that will happen and if we miss football for a year we will come back strong. The other thought is the money is so big they will find a way to play.
I think not having a season this year would put a pretty bad taste in his mouth. Maybe enough to decide to come back.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Correct. Patriot league is like Ivy League Lite. Drake might be in the patriot league for fb

Drake is in the Pioneer League. The Patriot is limited scholarship Ivy League wannabes. The Pioneer is full non-scholarship, basically D3 Football (outside of San Diego) that has all other sports in DI.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I’d donate money that they otherwise wouldn’t get to save the program, I imagine there are others like me who don’t have season tickets and live out of state.