Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
To judge any program by a single season or a handful is just stupid. You guys get upset when we do that to you. You just happen to be at an all time program high at the moment. Do you honestly think those schools will never be good again?
Weird, i've seen you and especially @Gonzo tell us Iowa isn't a 7-5 average team but use some random time period to make your points. Like I believe it is "Iowa is a 9-3 team......the last 4 years."
Only probably Nebraska. A&M will never be a top tier team in the SEC and Missouri...come on lol. Colorado, maybe, but I highly doubt it. But as other posters have pointed out, all those teams did quite well when they first moved over and still had their Big12 talent. Crazy how their recruiting has shifted to recruiting talent similar to their same conferences and now aren't worth a crap. Guess it just really shows how strong the BIG12 is.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Weird, i've seen you and especially @Gonzo tell us Iowa isn't a 7-5 average team but use some random time period to make your points. Like I believe it is "Iowa is a 9-3 team......the last 4 years."
Only probably Nebraska. A&M will never be a top tier team in the SEC and Missouri...come on lol. Colorado, maybe, but I highly doubt it. But as other posters have pointed out, all those teams did quite well when they first moved over and still had their Big12 talent. Crazy how their recruiting has shifted to recruiting talent similar to their same conferences and now aren't worth a crap. Guess it just really shows how strong the BIG12 is.
Talent similar to their same conferences? Cmon. It's more about coaching than talent.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
If the season is cancelled, do athletes can an extra year? And, if so, I suspect an extra year of education. For most that's a heck of a deal (another free year of education).

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Iowa has averaged 9-3 regular season record over the past 5 years. I don't think 5 years is all that random of a time period and when I've mentioned it it's in response to someone talking about Iowa's average 7-win seasons. Whenever KF's B1G titles, COtY awards, back-to-back top-10 finishes, etc. is discussed, we're told all that happened decades ago and that it's ancient history. So I'd think focusing on the last 5 years would be appreciated. Maybe not.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I mean you have an AD that hasn't hired anyone good so not sure if you want to go this route
That's a change of subject. Your's got 3 chances to get the football hire right. Not every AD gets that many chances. Were Chizik and Rhoads good hires?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That's a change of subject. Your's got 3 chances to get the football hire right. Not every AD gets that many chances. Were Chizik and Rhoads good hires?

I thought that Rhoads was a good hire, just not a great one. He did some good things at ISU. Chizik wasn't a terrible coach, he was a terrible fit. And that's something that Pollard learned from.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Did you even read what I posted? I said what their record was with their B12 players.

The way I read it was you were comparing Nebraska's conference winning percentage their first 4 years in the B1G to KF's conference winning percentage over his entire Iowa career.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The way I read it was you were comparing Nebraska's conference winning percentage their first 4 years in the B1G to KF's conference winning percentage over his entire Iowa career.
I did, you still aren't getting it for some reason. Let me break it down:
Benji said Nebraska winning in the B12 easily and being mediocre in the B1G tells you how bad the B12 was.
I said Nebraska had good players and coaches then. That's why they basically had the same success with Bo in the B1G as they did in the B12. As soon as the B12 players and Bo were gone, Nebraska has sunk to below mediocre in the B1G.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I did, you still aren't getting it for some reason. Let me break it down:
Benji said Nebraska winning in the B12 easily and being mediocre in the B1G tells you how bad the B12 was.
I said Nebraska had good players and coaches then. That's why they basically had the same success with Bo in the B1G as they did in the B12. As soon as the B12 players and Bo were gone, Nebraska has sunk to below mediocre in the B1G.

And you think comparing 4 years of data for Nebraska to 21 years of data for Iowa was a good way to make your point?

You could have just used the same 4 year time period for Iowa (2011-2014) and made your point even more convincing since Iowa went 15-17 in B1G games during that time period.