Iowa Football Recruiting

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
That's not the point.

It's laughable that you think ISU would start playing road games against P5 teams in the non conference if the Iowa game went away.

Pollard would fill it with a buy game or stick to home and homes he has always scheduled (Akron, UNLV, Toledo, etc.)

Basically only Big 10 West teams are so desperate to pad their record that they schedule 3 cupcakes in 2020. They play a home and home with a power 5 every season. Saying that they wouldn’t if the Iowa game was gone is in antithesis to actual evidence. I would be curious to hear who you think Iowa would bring in that that would generate a modicum of the fan interest ISU does?

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Basically only Big 10 West teams are so desperate to pad their record that they schedule 3 cupcakes in 2020. They play a home and home with a power 5 every season. Saying that they wouldn’t if the Iowa game was gone is in antithesis to actual evidence. I would be curious to hear who you think Iowa would bring in that that would generate a modicum of the fan interest ISU does?

I would actually prefer that Iowa schedules either a home game against a MAC level opponent or a neutral site against a P5 rather than do home and homes with another P5.

Home games are valuable for the AD and I think at some point in the next few years, the B1G goes to 10 league games.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
ISU should leave the Big 12 then because Oklahoma State will be coming to Ames every other season.

Or are you one of those ISU fans that only care about race issues if they happen inside the Iowa football program?

Why are so happy to support a racist program?

why are you on here defending racism?

Only racists would do that

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That's not the point.

It's laughable that you think ISU would start playing road games against P5 teams in the non conference if the Iowa game went away when it's been roughly 30 years since it has last happened.

Pollard would fill it with a buy game or stick to home and homes he has always scheduled (Akron, UNLV, Toledo, etc.)

You're an idiot

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Strange that Iowa fans think Doyle had to go, but not BF.... only because BF didn't have as many players saying he was a racist prick as Doyle did.

Talk about justifying the racism within your program!

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Strange that Iowa fans think Doyle had to go, but not BF.... only because BF didn't have as many players saying he was a racist prick as Doyle did.

Talk about justifying the racism within your program!

I've actually said Doyle, BF and Wallace should be let go.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I would actually prefer that Iowa schedules either a home game against a MAC level opponent or a neutral site against a P5 rather than do home and homes with another P5.

Home games are valuable for the AD and I think at some point in the next few years, the B1G goes to 10 league games.

As a fan I would hate to get a Minnesota style schedule thrown at me. Those P5 home and homes are fun, but obviously as an AD it makes so much more economical sense to bring in a Central Michigan every year as opposed to traveling to another P5 every other year. I actually give Pollard credit, he is looked at as a tightwad bean counter financially, but he has home and homes scheduled in upcoming years at destinations that he clearly thought fans would enjoy traveling to. I personally can’t wait to get to our games in the new Vegas stadium and down in New Orleans.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
And so should Kirk then, right? Since the culture was set by him.

So when Brian is the still the coach there whenever the season starts, are you still going to support Iowa?

Why can't you answer a simple yes or no question from Gonzo with a yes or no answer?