Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Live MLS on...with recorded crowd noise.

Kind of interesting and it feels like a real TV event.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Tonight I found out that I've been mispronouncing Colorado my whole life. Apparently the first part is pronounced "color". Here I've been for 40+ years like a real jackass pronouncing it "Call-orado."

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Tonight I found out that I've been mispronouncing Colorado my whole life. Apparently the first part is pronounced "color". Here I've been for 40+ years like a real jackass pronouncing it "Call-orado."

From radio play camping there almost 50 years years ago. Think it was roadtrippin' to Colorado/ISU game in Boulder.

California,
Come before ya,
People are feeling the strain.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This ******* Covid isolution **** is giving me WAY too ******* much time by myself to think and flashback. JFC. :eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:confused::cool:

#drunkposting

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This ******* Covid isolution **** is giving me WAY too ******* much time by myself to think and flashback. JFC. :eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:confused::cool:

#drunkposting
You need to find CWW4 (or whichever number that is) so you have someone to hunker down together with.

Apparently everyone is replacing their storm doors during this. Friends are employed with Larsons. One is the shipping guy at Albert Lea warehouse . Got the first weekend off for a long time at the end of June because the warehouse was empty. Line workers told they are going to 6 10 hour days. Busiest they have ever been.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not much opportunity for that these days. :oops:

This reminded me of something. My wife is a cleaning freak. So she pulled up a couple tubs the other night of old things I had, didn’t know she had moved them into these tubs, thought they were pitched. Anyway, there was a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip in there. My son noticed on the back was some dating want adds. He started laughing and asked if this was real and people did this, I said yep that is actual ads for people. I never did the want ads or the online stuff (was married by then) and don’t know any marriages that hung together from either honestly.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This reminded me of something. My wife is a cleaning freak. So she pulled up a couple tubs the other night of old things I had, didn’t know she had moved them into these tubs, thought they were pitched. Anyway, there was a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip in there. My son noticed on the back was some dating want adds. He started laughing and asked if this was real and people did this, I said yep that is actual ads for people. I never did the want ads or the online stuff (was married by then) and don’t know any marriages that hung together from either honestly.
25-1/2 years now. Des Moines Register DateMaker.
So now you can tell him you know someone. :cool:

Reactions: wxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron