Iowa Football Recruiting

May 7, 2020
How is this funny @1776?

If this happened at Iowa State under CMC I wouldn't support Iowa State football until he was gone. What Kirk, Brian and Doyle did was disgusting, not funny

It is funny because you only posted part of my post. I am waiting for Pollard the racist to cancel the Iowa series.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Sure, why not kicked out of the NCAA?

exactly. You should feel terrible for having supported such a racist culture.

do you think Kirk knows everything that goes on on in his program? Do you think he actually knows the people he hires?

do you think he established the culture of Iowa football?

do you think he knew where Brian lived?

do you think he knew that sending people in to clean up a room, where he was sure enough a crime was committed he pressured the victim to not go to the police, do you think he knew that destroying evidence was a crime!

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa State needs it a lot more than Iowa does. Iowa State doesn’t really sell out many games other than Iowa and UNI. I agree that the game should go away though.

Over the last few years, one team has increased the capacity of their stadium, one has shrunk the capacity of theirs. May be a better indicator of who has a fan base that is growing and whose is shrinking.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa State needs it a lot more than Iowa does. Iowa State doesn’t really sell out many games other than Iowa and UNI. I agree that the game should go away though.

Iowa State doesn't need the game so not sure how you can "need it more than_____" when you don't need it at all

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It is funny because you only posted part of my post. I am waiting for Pollard the racist to cancel the Iowa series.
If Pollard cancelled the season Barta would sue because they have a contract in place. Canceling a series isn't like firing a coach for cause

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

It's funny to me how iowa fans think that ISU needs this game to be "relevant". Maybe they do in iowa fans' minds, but ISU is in a P5 conference and if they win enough games, they'll be relevant. The world does not revolve around a yearly 7-5/8-4 team that can't even win their crappy division.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It's funny to me how iowa fans think that ISU needs this game to be "relevant". Maybe they do in iowa fans' minds, but ISU is in a P5 conference and if they win enough games, they'll be relevant. The world does not revolve around a yearly 7-5/8-4 team that can't even win their crappy division.

It’s just another one of those things told themselves enough times to cope.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

This is a fallacy that only Iowa fans create. If the CyHawk game ends ISU has a ton of teams in the region that they could add for a home and home that would have plenty of interest (Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, Minnesota, Illinois). Iowa on the other hand is pretty limited, sure you might possibly get ND to play you in Chicago or Indy once, but after that you look around and the cupboard is pretty dry. The bridge has been burned with Missouri and Iowa didn’t sellout the last time they played Pitt, so congrats to the Hawks in their upcoming home and home series with Kansas and Kansas State.

May 7, 2020

Maybe ISU doesn't need the Iowa game to be "relevant"? Remind me who ISU played when ESPN rolled into town with College Gameday.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Maybe ISU doesn't need the Iowa game to be "relevant"? Remind me who ISU played when ESPN rolled into town with College Gameday.

ISU was going to get CGD eventually. They just needed to find a good game on the schedule where there wasn't an obvious better choice. I'm not going to say that Cy-Hawk isn't a big game that at least moves the needle a little bit nationally. But, a 5-2 ISU vs a 7-0 OU would be a bigger game. Saying that ISU got CGD mostly because of iowa is ridiculous and just furthers the point that some iowa fans think the world revolves around their above average program. It doesn't. I'm sorry, but even knowing our history, there's no reason to kiss the a$$ of a program that has pretty much won nothing of significance. We play better teams on a yearly basis.

May 7, 2020
ISU was going to get CGD eventually. They just needed to find a good game on the schedule where there wasn't an obvious better choice. I'm not going to say that Cy-Hawk isn't a big game that at least moves the needle a little bit nationally. But, a 5-2 ISU vs a 7-0 OU would be a bigger game. Saying that ISU got CGD mostly because of iowa is ridiculous and just furthers the point that some iowa fans think the world revolves around their above average program. It doesn't. I'm sorry, but even knowing our history, there's no reason to kiss the a$$ of a program that has pretty much won nothing of significance. We play better teams on a yearly basis.

I didn't say it was mostly because of Iowa, but College Gameday did show up when Iowa was the opponent. And yes ISU plays at least one team a year that is better than Iowa if not more than one.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
This is a fallacy that only Iowa fans create. If the CyHawk game ends ISU has a ton of teams in the region that they could add for a home and home that would have plenty of interest (Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, Minnesota, Illinois). Iowa on the other hand is pretty limited, sure you might possibly get ND to play you in Chicago or Indy once, but after that you look around and the cupboard is pretty dry. The bridge has been burned with Missouri and Iowa didn’t sellout the last time they played Pitt, so congrats to the Hawks in their upcoming home and home series with Kansas and Kansas State.

Home and homes with those teams would require ISU to travel out of state for a non conference road game against a P5 school which hasn't happened for almost 30 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1776

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron