Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Do you think the culture of the Iowa football program is racist, benj?

And you never did tell us where you went to grad school. Why was that?

Why do you lie so much on this message board? Can you simply not help yourself, or are you so delusional that you can’t recognize that you are lying?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Money trumps racism every time. These black players believe that iowa is going to put them in the NFL. That's Iowa's biggest selling point and it's very effective. Unfortunately, black players are forced to conform to the "Iowa culture" to make it through the program to the other side. A lot of the players that are voicing complaints either didn't make it through or didn't see their NFL promise realized. That or they already have F U NFL money and KF can no longer hold his approval over their heads.

I 100% believe that iowa players (white and black) get moved up in the NFL draft because this culture breaks them and forces them to conform. An analogy would be if I'm buying my kids a club calf, I'm going to pick the one that's already broke to lead. At least I know that one won't cause trouble. You have to have elite talent for the NFL to take a flyer on a questionable character kid. Iowa players that have gone through that program know how to work and won't cause problems. They are broke to lead. What we're seeing with the black players speaking out is the downside of this culture. Of course, KKKF keeps cashing checks and bringing in his family so that they can get on the gravy train too, so he isn't changing.

These recruits have plenty of offers from other excellent P5 programs that put loads of guys into the NFL.

And they've said they respect and admire KF as a man of high character and principles.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
These recruits have plenty of offers from other excellent P5 programs that put loads of guys into the NFL.

And they've said they respect and admire KF as a man of high character and principles.

Yeah, and that would be the point. That's what they're selling and they are obviously doing a good job of it. I think it's a façade...one that players, media and fans have bought into. How is it that this supposedly smart coach that runs a meticulous tight ship can get away with playing dumb every time something goes wrong? He's lying. But hey, you get your 7-9 wins, so no one cares.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah, and that would be the point. That's what they're selling and they are obviously doing a good job of it. I think it's a façade...one that players, media and fans have bought into. How is it that this supposedly smart coach that runs a meticulous tight ship can get away with playing dumb every time something goes wrong? He's lying. But hey, you get your 7-9 wins, so no one cares.

You'd think in that case there'd be a lot of former players coming out saying this and calling for him to be removed. I don't think I've seen that happening. Hell, even James Daniels, the established guy who you yourself says is no longer under KF's sordid thumb, made it a point to bring up how he respects and admires KF, and that his issues were in the weight room.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You'd think in that case there'd be a lot of former players coming out saying this and calling for him to be removed. I don't think I've seen that happening. Hell, even James Daniels, the established guy who you yourself says is no longer under KF's sordid thumb, made it a point to bring up how he respects and admires KF, and that his issues were in the weight room.

Do you think Kirk doesn’t know what goes on on his program?

do you think he hires people that he doesn’t know anything about?

Hell, do you think he knew where Brian lived? Or that sending players into clean up a room that he knew a crime was committed in, is against the law?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

How many players (or fans) called for Paterno to be fired? Although the crime isn't nearly as bad, it's the same kind of organizational structure. He either knew about it and did nothing, or had no idea, which seems really unlikely given what we know. If you're the man in charge making $5M a year, everything is your responsibility. Players complain about the instances where someone said or did something directly to them. But that doesn't mean that there's zero fault for the person in charge of the whole thing.

I'm not even saying he deserves to be fired. But whole playing dumb about this (or rhabdo, or Section 8, or sexual assualt) is insulting to anyone with a brain. Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Why do you lie so much on this message board? Can you simply not help yourself, or are you so delusional that you can’t recognize that you are lying?

Where’d you go to grad school benj?

why do you defend a culture of racism in your team?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
How many players (or fans) called for Paterno to be fired? Although the crime isn't nearly as bad, it's the same kind of organizational structure. He either knew about it and did nothing, or had no idea, which seems really unlikely given what we know. If you're the man in charge making $5M a year, everything is your responsibility. Players complain about the instances where someone said or did something directly to them. But that doesn't mean that there's zero fault for the person in charge of the whole thing.

I'm not even saying he deserves to be fired. But whole playing dumb about this (or rhabdo, or Section 8, or sexual assualt) is insulting to anyone with a brain. Don't pee on me and tell me it's raining.

The players weren't the victims in the PSU situation. Dumb comparison.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Do you think Kirk doesn’t know what goes on on his program?

do you think he hires people that he doesn’t know anything about?

Hell, do you think he knew where Brian lived? Or that sending players into clean up a room that he knew a crime was committed in, is against the law?

Do you think Justice Sullivan's dad is racist?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It's a simple question, are the parents of Jordan Oladokun, Jaden Harrell, Justice Sullivan, etc., racists? You've hammered the point that if you support the Iowa program, you support racism. The parents of these 2021 recruits clearly support the Iowa program, given that their kids have either re-committed or refused to de-commit. So do you believe their parents support racism... which I assume is your way of calling someone racist?

Of course they support it, the same way Adrian Clayborn’s family does. Or who ever else has used Iowa to get to the NFL

It’s a means to an end. If they are as good as advertised, they will use Iowa to get to play professional football.

it’s if and when they don’t pan out, that’s when the true experience seemed to happen for everyone.

Remember Johnson laughing about being questioned about the car that whatever booster got him?

he learned enough, he was talented enough, and he left Iowa and has made money

it’s a means to an end. This isn’t difficult.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Of course they support it, the same way Adrian Clayborn’s family does. Or who ever else has used Iowa to get to the NFL

It’s a means to an end. If they are as good as advertised, they will use Iowa to get to play professional football.

it’s if and when they don’t pan out, that’s when the true experience seemed to happen for everyone.

Remember Johnson laughing about being questioned about the car that whatever booster got him?

So those parents are willing to subject their sons to a racist coach if, in the end, the money is right?

You think ISU MBB standout Jake Sullivan is racist?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The players weren't the victims in the PSU situation. Dumb comparison.

The comparison wasn't the victims, it was the fact that the CEO of the program was held accountable for the crimes of a person under him and doing nothing about it even though he knew what was going on.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Do you think Justice Sullivan's dad is racist?

Why won’t you answer any questions?

I get that admitting these things is probably tough, as you seem to at least have some self awareness Unlike your boy benj.

but there wasn’t even an investigation into Doyle and they wrote him a check to shut up and go away.

all kinds of fingers have been pointed at Brian too. Why is he still there? Using the standard of evidence that sent Doyle to the bank, why r would you be so willing to wait for the review and then defend keeping him when nothing happens?

It’s tough to admit you’re cool with racism, and rape cover ups, but yikes dude.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The comparison wasn't the victims, it was the fact that the CEO of the program was held accountable for the crimes of a person under him and doing nothing about it even though he knew what was going on.

We'll find out what and how much KF knew. Again, if hordes of players went to him complaining and he consistently ignored them over the years I'd think you'd see a lot of former players calling KF out on it.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

Wow, so you think that every black player and their families that support KF and the Iowa football program support racism? Holy yikes.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Why won’t you answer any questions?

I get that admitting these things is probably tough, as you seem to at least have some self awareness Unlike your boy benj.

but there wasn’t even an investigation into Doyle and they wrote him a check to shut up and go away.

all kinds of fingers have been pointed at Brian too. Why is he still there? Using the standard of evidence that sent Doyle to the bank, why r would you be so willing to wait for the review and then defend keeping him when nothing happens?

It’s tough to admit you’re cool with racism, and rape cover ups, but yikes dude.

BF is still there because the review is ongoing. Doyle was gone immediately because there was no question, apparently, that he was culprit #1. Virtually all the players pointed at him. Some have pointed at BF. That's why BF is still there, I'd assume. There, I answered.

You still haven't answered if you think Jordan Oladokun's parents are racist? Answer?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
We'll find out what and how much KF knew. Again, if hordes of players went to him complaining and he consistently ignored them over the years I'd think you'd see a lot of former players calling KF out on it.

No. We will never find out. KF is pulling the strings on the whole thing. The public will know exactly what he wants them to know. And the reporters are too scared of him to ask anything different.