Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Purdy nice out. Got the daily thunderstorm out of the way super early this morning. Not even gusty windy like yesterday. Kind of day I'd go out and do something cool with friends if it was not 2020.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Ah, gotta love 2020. Did internet order curbside pickup for bottles o'wine yesterday. Got home and one bottle is leaking. Now debating whether it's worth going back and going inside for an exchange or whether I should just toss it. First world problems.

The second half of our "kinda stupid" quarantine purchase just arrived 10 minutes after I got home. Our TV went kaputz the end of February. Friend let us borrow an older one they had while we figured out our options. Then, on July 4th, husband says we have to get a new TV. 15 minutes later, we had purchased a 58" Samsung for a great price just because it was the 2019 model and not the 2020. Today, the new TV stand/kinda entertainment center arrived from Wayfair. Tomorrow is set up day.

Mrs. Velo was wondering what happened to the little inflatable kiddie pool she ordered. Looked up online. It was delivered to UPS here in the TCs on July 2 in the morning and was supposedly delivered to our door later that morning. I have a new Ring doorbell and there was one delivery to our house that day which we had our neighbor pick up for us that afternoon. That was a USPS delivery. I'm going back to check but I'm pretty confident nothing else was delivered that day.

I'm wondering if I should drive by the home with the same house number but different street that often gets our mail and we get theirs and see if they have a new kiddie pool.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Mrs. Velo was wondering what happened to the little inflatable kiddie pool she ordered. Looked up online. It was delivered to UPS here in the TCs on July 2 in the morning and was supposedly delivered to our door later that morning. I have a new Ring doorbell and there was one delivery to our house that day which we had our neighbor pick up for us that afternoon. That was a USPS delivery. I'm going back to check but I'm pretty confident nothing else was delivered that day.

I'm wondering if I should drive by the home with the same house number but different street that often gets our mail and we get theirs and see if they have a new kiddie pool.

Once UPS says they delivered it they wash their hands of the whole thing. Retrieved my "delivered" package from the neighbors earlier this year after trying in vain to get through the contact barriers online with UPS and gave up. After delivery it's like a firewall and you have to contact the seller.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Purdy nice out. Got the daily thunderstorm out of the way super early this morning. Not even gusty windy like yesterday. Kind of day I'd go out and do something cool with friends if it was not 2020.

Clouding up, maybe I should unsloth and do some yardly work. I think peeps south of the Twin Cities are in for some "you're all gonna die" weather late afternoon.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
@ImJustKCClone

cat-humor-spare-cats-box-sleep.jpg

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Ohhhhhhh here's the rain in Ankeny.
In Ames we had dark sky and big wind, that eventually brought us about one-tenth of an inch. I can hardly contain my excitement. At least it's 75 degrees instead of 94.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron