***2020 CF Olympic Games***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I'll give some thoughts and arbitrary awards out for the game later.

But right off the bat: Doc got stabbed in the back by somebody in his own alliance. The team from Oceania almost had all 3 medals.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I give you all, the new official German national anthem and German flag.

jyHvaWI.jpg

(10 minutes of my life that I'll never get back).

PSYclone22

SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
So some game 1 post-mortem thoughts and awards.

Congrats to Cleaver for benefiting the most from the Discord mega-alliance. Having like 10 allies definitely helped you get the gold.

That said, the Oceania alliance was both geographically pleasing and strategically shrewd. They waited until the right time to start grabbing points and would have swept the medals if JM wasn't 10 minutes too late switching his number this morning.

They also had both SCNCY and JHUNSY inside the Discord alliance. That was fun.

Finally, by the end of the game Vikes missed out on the points spot by 1 place about 6 times. He was also a sitting duck stuck between two alliances but stayed alive long enough to at least ensure Russia didn't medal again. He receives 1 merit award for his individual effort. As long as we don't mention his alliance from earlier in the game.

Overall fun game. I'll post flags for voting tomorrow sometime.

Reactions: mdk2isu

PSYclone22

SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
So are we supposed to vote for our 3 favorites out of all the flags, or are we supposed to only vote on the flags from our “region”?
Vote, in ranked order from best to third best, your 3 favorite flags. Of all the flags. You just can't vote for your own flag.

PSYclone22

SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
1st place votes are worth 4
2nd worth 3
3rd worth 2

Gives a bit more weight to just receiving votes

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I should explain my entry, #20.

The 3 official colors of the German flag are Jet Black, Traffic Red, and Rapeseed Yellow.

So instead of Jet Black, it is represented by the honest German manufacturing company Volkswagen and their Black Jetta.

For traffic red, it is represented by the East Germany crosswalk symbol for "stop". This shows that Germany is willing to obey all laws. The crosswalk men are holding hands showing unification of a country is paramount over all.

Finally rapeseed yellow. It is represented by of course, rapeseed. A strong plant that produces the most canola oil in Europe. Signifying Germany's strong and bountiful agricultural industry.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I should explain my entry, #20.

The 3 official colors of the German flag are Jet Black, Traffic Red, and Rapeseed Yellow.

So instead of Jet Black, it is represented by the honest German manufacturing company Volkswagen and their Black Jetta.

For traffic red, it is represented by the East Germany crosswalk symbol for "stop". This shows that Germany is willing to obey all laws. The crosswalk men are holding hands showing unification of a country is paramount over all.

Finally rapeseed yellow. It is represented by of course, rapeseed. A strong plant that produces the most canola oil in Europe. Signifying Germany's strong and bountiful agricultural industry.
I should also explain mine. These are lederhosen.

1f7f5c7a7439cc94e6e1683b04d8ed06.jpg