Who do we Replace Iowa WIth?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
FWIW, a different angle - I think Texas will have big influence on what the Big 12 does.
Until the SEC shuts down in some part, Texas isn't going to want to led TAM play football while they sit and watch?

Thank god the school presidents get to decide and not the football coach and the fans.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
This past week I've seen car collisions, flu, AIDS (wtf!?) thrown out there.

We are literally back where we started.

Testing has caught up and we can now clearly see this isn't as dangerous as we thought. And certainly not as dangerous as it could have been. Good lord I don't want to imagine the reaction around these places if it had been worse.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We need to tell Iowa the next three years are home games for us or we will cancel the series. Use our leverage as the clean program in the state to keep us out of that city

Reactions: cyfan21

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I haven’t been inside a restaurant or bar. I haven’t even gone inside a grocery store and I may never do so again because online order and pickup is slick as hell.

That's great and obviously works for you.

But IMO one doesn't need to go to that extreme to be safe. I have no fear of going to grocery store. I tend to do carry out at restaurants. But IMO sitting in a restaurant, while being socially distant and wearing a mask other than while eating, is a safe environment. I think outdoor farmers markets are safe, again must wear a mask.

I have not gone to a bar and will not as long as customers can mingle standing up. England prohibits "vertical drinking" and the US should implement a similar practice.

IMO the US could kick Covid's butt in 30-45 days if we did the handful of things the the CDC has pushed since the beginning.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Testing has caught up and we can now clearly see this isn't as dangerous as we thought. And certainly not as dangerous as it could have been. Good lord I don't want to imagine the reaction around these places if it had been worse.

There are testing shortages, hospitals being overwhelmed and PPE shortages in these places that are seeing cases spike including those 'death' thingies just now trending upward a few weeks after the cases slowly started to climb.

So yeah, imagining it being more dangerous is quite a thought for sure.

But let's keep revolving our economy and dependency for happiness around corrupt sports ball.

Reactions: Joe4Cy

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Last point as stated. You have two wage earners who must work. You have young school age children who cannot do distance learning on their own. Tell me how that works. We are in no way fearful of sending our kids to school. Mine planted.

So in other words you treat school as a daycare? That's your problem not the school districts.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
So in other words you treat school as a daycare? That's your problem not the school districts.

The daycare the youngest goes to is attached to his school and has many kids in it. The school closes and the daycare part stays open. How would that be helping? Why is the school special and the daycare not or are we closing all daycares now as well?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
The daycare the youngest goes to is attached to his school and has many kids in it. The school closes and the daycare part stays open. How would that be helping? Why is the school special and the daycare not or are we closing all daycares now as well?

Schools are not daycares.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Pac-12 is going to conference only games now, so Alabama (who was scheduled to play Southern California) is now available. Gulp. I want 'Bama!

Reactions: CTTB78

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
And I must ask, so you are so concerned you must be getting an annual flu shot right? To protect those other people you come in contact with???????[/QUOTE]
Masks and social distancing work, right?????

And you have gone to no restaurants and bars since March, is this correct? Essential activities only.

I have not been inside a bar, restaurant, grocery store (any store for that matter), or church (not a big sacrifice since I'm not religious) since March 8th when I went out to eat.

I've gotten curbside takeout several times from restaurants, and get curbside pickup on groceries every time as well. It's worked out pretty well.

It's just really f***ing sad though that we have cities in America right now that cannot take anymore patients because they are full.... and they are requesting reefer trucks to put all the dead bodies on.... but people are whining about if they won't be able to watch football this fall.

This country is on the verge of a total catastrophe with this virus, and the millions of Americans losing their jobs every week. I've been saying for quite a while now that losing football will be the LEAST of our concerns pretty darn quick.

Wake the hell up people!

Reactions: Joe4Cy and ISC

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That is my (admittedly selfish) fear - we are going to be left with nothing this fall. And I will go bat ****...

And people are dying and starving all over this country right now, and it's likely to get much worse before it gets better.

But I hope you can deal with, and get over not having football this fall. Yikes.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
And people are dying and starving all over this country right now, and it's likely to get much worse before it gets better.

But I hope you can deal with, and get over not having football this fall. Yikes.

EEEEEEASY there, tiger. Maybe you can bundle-up in a hazmat suit, go to the doctor's office and pick up some Valium and Lexapro...

Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Testing has NOT caught up. My wife and I have both been feeling multiple symptoms and for 3 days straight we've been approved on the TestIowa.com website only to find not a single location in Iowa has any openings despite getting on right away in the morning. Sure, results might be coming back sooner, but that's if you can actually get tested.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Testing has NOT caught up. My wife and I have both been feeling multiple symptoms and for 3 days straight we've been approved on the TestIowa.com website only to find not a single location in Iowa has any openings despite getting on right away in the morning. Sure, results might be coming back sooner, but that's if you can actually get tested.

That's crazy. In Madison I can drive to a spot to get a free test with no symptoms, no scheduling and from what I've heard it's a quick turnaround for results.

Status
Not open for further replies.