Remainder of NBA season at Disney World?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
The way Florida is now booming in cases I struggle to see how the NBA can resume in that state.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Are we allowed to post the latest Woj bomb in here?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
So far players seem a little underwhelmed by their bubble accommodations.

National treasure and recently signed Lakers guard J.R. Smith in an IG Live post: "This s**t is a**."

Reactions: CycloneErik

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Did they think that they were going to be walking on rose petals down there?

I think that a lot of players had misgivings about it and a lot of those concerns are being validated right now as they arrive and see what their accommodations are. It's going to be a long few months for the teams that make a deep playoff run (assuming the bubble doesn't burst, and I'll be very surprised if it doesn't).

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
So far players seem a little underwhelmed by their bubble accommodations.

National treasure and recently signed Lakers guard J.R. Smith in an IG Live post: "This s**t is a**."

Always the poet, J.R.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Does JR realize he could have just stayed home?

I don't actively follow the NBA drama that seems to always be the bigger story than the games but from what I've seen over the years JR doesn't realize many things at all.

Where do I sign up to get paid a ton of money during hard economic times to live in marginal conditions and play a kids' game?

Reactions: Cytown12

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't actively follow the NBA drama that seems to always be the bigger story than the games but from what I've seen over the years JR doesn't realize many things at all.

Where do I sign up to get paid a ton of money during hard economic times to live in marginal conditions and play a kids' game?

"Marginal conditions" a/k/a Disney World hotels that most families have to save for years to afford to go to.

For the sake of reference, it looks like the Lakers are at the Gran Destino, which is less than a year old and from what I gather would go for $400 - $1200/night in normal circumstances based on your room.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
"Marginal conditions" a/k/a Disney World hotels that most families have to save for years to afford to go to.

For the sake of reference, it looks like the Lakers are at the Gran Destino, which is less than a year old and from what I gather would go for $400 - $1200/night in normal circumstances based on your room.

I guess referencing the reports on bed bugs and not the greatest food but still, sign me up.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I guess referencing the reports on bed bugs and not the greatest food but still, sign me up.

I'm sure it's less than optimal by their standards, but they're gonna struggle to elicit too much sympathy making millions to play a game while having to rough it in a $500/night hotel.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm sure it's less than optimal by their standards, but they're gonna struggle to elicit too much sympathy making millions to play a game while having to rough it in a $500/night hotel.
Right the picture I saw was basically like a really nice extended stay hotel. Not lavish but certainly nicer than the conditions these guys had in college or most likely growing up, certainly nicer than where I grew up...