Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I talked to a guy who sells ice cream to grocery stores. He said ice cream sales were up 23% compared to last year. Lots of stress eating I guess.
Or there’s a hell of a lot more women that got knocked up during quarantine than what you think.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
I talked to a guy who sells ice cream to grocery stores. He said ice cream sales were up 23% compared to last year. Lots of stress eating I guess.
I looked up what it would cost to get Whiteys shipped down south since my coworkers gave me a gift card as a going away gift. The answer is over $100 just for shipping plus the containers had over a 200% markup. Guess my graham central station will have to wait. We have yet to find a good ice cream place here, or even decent froyo, which is sad. Thank god theres a Culvers.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ah, gotta love 2020. Did internet order curbside pickup for bottles o'wine yesterday. Got home and one bottle is leaking. Now debating whether it's worth going back and going inside for an exchange or whether I should just toss it. First world problems.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
People are impatient idiots. Coming down the main road (which allows parking on both sides) in town is a pilot car followed by two big halves of a house. Pilot car driver is telling me to pull over so I do. 2 cars go around me as the second half passes me barely missing it.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
The second half of our "kinda stupid" quarantine purchase just arrived 10 minutes after I got home. Our TV went kaputz the end of February. Friend let us borrow an older one they had while we figured out our options. Then, on July 4th, husband says we have to get a new TV. 15 minutes later, we had purchased a 58" Samsung for a great price just because it was the 2019 model and not the 2020. Today, the new TV stand/kinda entertainment center arrived from Wayfair. Tomorrow is set up day.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Some normality, gusty winds were back! DND. Two ibuprofen level ride (knees). Should remember to check front rim, had a body jaring hit on a pot hole I missed seeing in the shade. Almost augered in.

I spied: nothing in 20 miles. Damn, 2020 is boring.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Apparently she is going out to her aunts with her friends to swim.

Friends-“we will just caravan out there.”
SIL-“No we will take one vehicle.”
Friends-“Okay we have a bigger vehicle so we aren’t as crunched.”
SIL-“No I will get sick unless I drive.”

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Does she remember this is still 2020?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

You going with the herd of women?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The second half of our "kinda stupid" quarantine purchase just arrived 10 minutes after I got home. Our TV went kaputz the end of February. Friend let us borrow an older one they had while we figured out our options. Then, on July 4th, husband says we have to get a new TV. 15 minutes later, we had purchased a 58" Samsung for a great price just because it was the 2019 model and not the 2020. Today, the new TV stand/kinda entertainment center arrived from Wayfair. Tomorrow is set up day.
I always look at TVs and the great prices on some but I just can't bring myself to buy a new TV when the current one still works. It's a plasma so I'm not even sure how to dispose of it when I do.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

Your SIL sounds like a real doozy. :rolleyes:

Reactions: wxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.