[Commitment watch] '21 DE Jayden Gray

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Got to be some sort of prep school right? That is by far the best quality video I have seen, plus unis fields etc are beautiful.

Now to the point, this kid is impressive. great balance of strength and technique. That first play of just pushing the OT into the RB is insane.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
On film and videos, basketball and football I have a hard time telling if the kid is a hi level power 5 talent? This young man got skills, Hopefully he chooses to be a Cyclone for life!!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This kid looks good. Offers don't blow you away but are decent. I always like kids that p5 offers plus offers from the service academies and Ivy League. Looks like a well rounded young man.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
This kid looks good. Offers don't blow you away but are decent. I always like kids that p5 offers plus offers from the service academies and Ivy League. Looks like a well rounded young man.
He was previously committed to North Texas.

Reactions: heitclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
He plays at a high school that just opened in 2015, and I don’t think is yet a regular stop on the Metroplex recruiting trail. That’s pretty much the textbook definition of how kids get overlooked.

Good frame and nicely athletic. I hope we get lucky on this one.

Reactions: heitclone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
One of the better highlight tapes you will ever see.

This kid can play and will be a beast! I'm hoping we get him tomorrow.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Wow.... REALLY like this kid’s video.... sign him up!
Filtering out the missed blocks, poor blocks, bad read assignments, and complete size mismatch and what's left is: this guy 'pursues', has a pretty good outside step, plays his role assignment and, I believe, will develop into a good player.

Reactions: Peter

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Kid has an absolute motor. It didn't look fair that he was out there playing against those guys. Not only does he have God given ability in athleticism and strength, but he looks dialed in, whether he watched a ton of film or just has a tremendous feel for the defensive end position. I know these are highlights but he manned his position very well. I think he's going to be good wherever he lands but obviously hopes he picks the good guys.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
You can tell he is used to be better than everyone else cause his only move is the bullrush. But different techniques can be taught. I think he looks like a really good pick up if we get him