Who do we Replace Iowa WIth?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If I had to bet I'd guess that the SEC will be the last P5 conference to hold out. Maybe the ACC.
ACC has said they're most likely going to that but haven't made a clear decision yet. They're taking ND into consideration as well. The SEC has said they will be waiting as long as possible before making a decision on this.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
And in today's ACTUAL universe, car collisions don't spread from person to person and the way to avoid them is to drive safely.

Talking odds of death my friend. Didn't say a word about nature of contagious. If you have it and are in a wide age range and otherwise healthy is what was stated.

You keeping your kids home from school if school is in person? We are sending ours. Good if you don't though then the rest can more easily social distance in rooms.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Talking odds of death my friend. Didn't say a word about nature of contagious. If you have it and are in a wide age range and otherwise healthy is what was stated.

You keeping your kids home from school if school is in person? We are sending ours. Good if you don't though then the rest can more easily social distance in rooms.

No kids but I work in schools and I can think of several people off the top of my head that would be very high risk. And it's not as simple as 'well, those people just need to stay home' since getting replacements for them is not simple either.

I've already apparently had Covid via multiple positive antibody test results BUT I'm doing this thing where I think of the impact of other people in all of this.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Not having football this year will be a blessing for Iowa football IMO.

Can ignore their racism for another year.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
New coronavirus infections and hospitalizations in Colorado continue to increase, with the state health department on Wednesday reporting another 452 confirmed cases of the COVID-19 respiratory disease.

Colorado public health officials have said the jump in COVID-19 cases is the result of the state reopening and less social distancing. The state is also seeing more test results come back positive, meaning the rise in cases is not just due to more testing.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/07/08/colorado-coronavirus-covid-hospitalizations-increase/

Yep. Our cases did see an increase here. Hence why our Governor stepped back into shutting stuff down yet again. You highlight less social distancing. If you're trying to say the public spaces here are the same as Iowa/Nebraska you're wrong. The places I've been here had seating reductions of 50% or more and everyone is required to wear face coverings (workers, and patrons while not seated).

But if you want to talk numbers... Iowa now has seen 33K cases I think I saw, while CO is up to about 35-36K. Kind of scary when you realize Iowa has a good 2 million less people.

I think you're getting away from my original point which is really just following the guidelines and how having not done it, is why we're in the situation we're in now. Look at Texas, Florida, Arizona, etc. They chose to re-open and from what I saw, with little guidelines. And now they're spiking in cases. It's almost like there's a correlation there. Almost.

Reactions: Waukee4Cy

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I wonder what this would mean for the series contract. Does Iowa forego the game and next year is back at Jack trice? Or do they just add the Iowa game to the end of the current series extending it by one more year?

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Why would Iowans or Nebraskans respect Colorado rules? We don't live in Colorado.

Agreed. I should have noted that they do not seem to have any sort of guidelines for things like that in Iowa or Nebraska. Which if they did, I believe would help.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
ISU in a good position here. Lots of teams are now looking for someone to play against.

Ball State, Arkansas State, Toledo, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Tulane, FAU, BYU, Bowling Green

So lets go out on a limb and say football happens and the big 12 doesnt go conference only.

The only game lost so far is a road game. The only tickets allowed in JTS will be season tickets, which are already sold, so they couldnt really raise the price retroactively.

I doubt ISU AD is going to cut a check to some G5 school for what would be almost zero additional revenue. They could try to sell it as a single game i guess, but that would probably go over poorly.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Yep. Our cases did see an increase here. Hence why our Governor stepped back into shutting stuff down yet again. You highlight less social distancing. If you're trying to say the public spaces here are the same as Iowa/Nebraska you're wrong. The places I've been here had seating reductions of 50% or more and everyone is required to wear face coverings (workers, and patrons while not seated).

But if you want to talk numbers... Iowa now has seen 33K cases I think I saw, while CO is up to about 35-36K. Kind of scary when you realize Iowa has a good 2 million less people.

I think you're getting away from my original point which is really just following the guidelines and how having not done it, is why we're in the situation we're in now. Look at Texas, Florida, Arizona, etc. They chose to re-open and from what I saw, with little guidelines. And now they're spiking in cases. It's almost like there's a correlation there. Almost.

(Cough) California (Cough)

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
This might work out well for Iowa, they can clean house and get some non racist coaches.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
A couple things as I see this...
1. This keeps putting coaches in a unique spot...they have contracts and usually have the power, but social pressure (and likely dept survival) may make them publically have to either show they are jerks or take huge hits.

2. The logistics fascinate me...legally. like the cyhawk game....do we get money this year? Is this an "act of God" out for Big 10? So many moving parts and contracts (Leerfield, sponsors, coaches incentives, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.