Who do we Replace Iowa WIth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
So let's say we find another opponent and then the big 10 flips on there stance?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
VERY interesting..

not really. Since that presser three P5 leagues have basically voiced their doing away with non conference. Big Ten. PAC12 and ACC. If you think the Big 12 is gonna be the ones that keep things as is you’re crazy.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
not really. Since that presser three P5 leagues have basically voiced their doing away with non conference. Big Ten. PAC12 and ACC. If you think the Big 12 is gonna be the ones that keep things as is you’re crazy.
I only thought it was interesting because you'd think they'd make the same move soon. That indicates the Big12 isn't going to make that decision soon, which I believe is stupid.

Reactions: dahliaclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I only thought it was interesting because you'd think they'd make the same move soon. That indicates the Big12 isn't going to make that decision soon, which I believe is stupid.

I bet they make the decision within days. Which I agree is stupid. Just do it now. You know it’s coming.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No kidding. Probably safer for iowa to play iowa state than Maryland, Rutgers or Penn state.
I think this has to do with conferences being able to put out individual guidelines for their schools. Since the NCAA isn't the higher power really, the conferences are the ones setting the standards. Going from playing one conference to an FCS school could screw with things.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
What's the SEC doing? It's possible the SEC and B12 are going to hold out and try to play non-conference games. Somewhat of a SEC/B12 alliance.

Reactions: aauummm

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Lets say there's football in 2021. Ours (and i believe iowa's) schedules are set up in such a way to guarantee a certain number of home games each year balancing this game with the conference schedules. I assume this wouldnt change anything with regards to who would host in 2021? Though i imagine a lot of hawks will ***** about that

All time through 2019:
Cy-Hawk series games in Ames: 28
Cy-Hawk series games in Iowa City: 39

Since series was renewed in 1977:
Games in Ames: 20
Games in Iowa City: 23

I think they will survive missing a game in Iowa City.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
So the real question is, when the Big 12 cancels non-conference games, who will Iowa State double up on in order to play 10 games? I think Kansas is going to get a lot of calls.
9 game season and then a 4 team conference championship tournament :) I know, I know, never going to happen.

Reactions: Statefan10

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

Bob when he has a new text from Randy:
tenor.gif

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
I don't understand either. How is a U of I game with Rutgers more safe than a game with UNI?

Because conference games matter more than non-con games. This reduces the number of games which would allow them to space out games more if and when needed. Rutgers was not on the schedule. Likely will end up with Indiana if taking the team with closest proximity not already on the schedule.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
So, did the B1G contact all 42 non-conference opponents to discuss this, or just unilaterally, and in my view selfishly, decide what was best for them or what they simply wanted? You can't make this decision without directly affecting so many other schools and conferences and all of their student athletes.

Just appears really selfish or snobbish or short-sighted, maybe all three. Maybe I'm not being realistic but it seems this should have been more of a group discussion or decision to include other conferences. This has the appearance of, "I'm taking my ball and I'm going home!"

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Lets say there's football in 2021. Ours (and i believe iowa's) schedules are set up in such a way to guarantee a certain number of home games each year balancing this game with the conference schedules. I assume this wouldnt change anything with regards to who would host in 2021? Though i imagine a lot of hawks will ***** about that

Big10 sacrificed their home date; we should get to host next year. And, this also ought to go down as an ISU win by forfeit.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So, did the B1G contact all 42 non-conference opponents to discuss this, or just unilaterally, and in my view selfishly, decide what was best for them or what they simply wanted? You can't make this decision without directly affecting so many other schools and conferences and all of their student athletes.

Just appears really selfish or snobbish or short-sighted, maybe all three. Maybe I'm not being realistic but it seems this should have been more of a group discussion or decision to include other conferences. This has the appearance of, "I'm taking my ball and I'm going home!"
There was an article that stated Iowa and UNI met over the phone to discuss this. Guessing they did so with the other school's as well. I would be surprised if they dropped this bomb without conversing with everyone involved.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

That's essentially the attitude that's gotten us here, so not exactly shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron