Olympic Queen Mattress

l2alphmacchio

Jul 10, 2006
West Des Moines
Visit site
Like any other freshly graduated college student, I bought a mattress right after leaving college. I bought one of the "clearance" higher end models from Homemakers and put it on the floor in my apartment as I spent too much on the mattress and couldn't afford a frame. Fast forward 15 years, a wife and three kids later. We now have a nice bed frame that fits the same mattress. It is time to get a new mattress, but the wife wants to stick with the Olympic Queen size as the normal Queen is too small, and a King is just too big (insert plenty of innuendos). Problem is, I cannot find anyone who sells these things. Anyone out there in CF Land been able to purchase an Olympic Queen mattress in the last couple of years?

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've never even heard of that size until this thread. :(

Wish I could help. I'm very happy with my Helix Midnight Queen I got online.

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
I have one of these from a long time ago. You’re the first person I’ve ever encountered that also owns one.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I like the king as well, however when we “upgraded” from our queen sized bed, we didn’t purchase a TempurPedic. Oldest daughter got the hand-me-down. I miss my TempurPedic :(

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
King for the win. Wife was initially against it, but I won in the end. Now she's a believer.

One of best things about a king is you can go to bed steaming mad and never have to accidentally touch your partner. Passive aggressive is my favorite kind of aggressive.

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Like any other freshly graduated college student, I bought a mattress right after leaving college. I bought one of the "clearance" higher end models from Homemakers and put it on the floor in my apartment as I spent too much on the mattress and couldn't afford a frame. Fast forward 15 years, a wife and three kids later. We now have a nice bed frame that fits the same mattress. It is time to get a new mattress, but the wife wants to stick with the Olympic Queen size as the normal Queen is too small, and a King is just too big (insert plenty of innuendos). Problem is, I cannot find anyone who sells these things. Anyone out there in CF Land been able to purchase an Olympic Queen mattress in the last couple of years?

"Dang, I wish this bed was smaller."

- Nobody, ever

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Jefferson, Georgia: World's Largest Mattress
38 feet wide and 80 feet long, uses roof trusses for support, weighs over two tons. Equal in area to 72 King-size mattresses. Unveiled in December 2013. Kids are allowed to jump on it.

upload_2020-7-9_11-41-55.png

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Could you just buy a king, tell her it's an Olympic queen, and then scratch your head and tell her that they must have changed the specs on an Olympic Queen when she finds out your sheets don't fit?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Could you just buy a king, tell her it's an Olympic queen, and then scratch your head and tell her that they must have changed the specs on an Olympic Queen when she finds out your sheets don't fit?

First of all, this is the kind of marital deceit that I come to CF for. Thank you.

However, your plan has a fatal flaw. Guys are historically terrible at telling women that things are smaller than they actually are.

Help Support Us

Become a patron