Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
9:32, the daily short downpour is here.

Weird you guys are droughty. Garden stone and path project here has been on hold, just too muddy for digging around outside.

And, the mosquitoes has been lovin'. Little bastards are thick outside.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
9:32, the daily short downpour is here.

Weird you guys are droughty. Garden stone and path project here has been on hold, just too muddy for digging around outside.

And, the mosquitoes has been lovin'. Little bastards are thick outside.

Don't go bragging about the rain when us Iowans are in a drought pattern. See nothing for awhile.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Don't go bragging about the rain when us Iowans are in a drought pattern. See nothing for awhile.

I thought you were a storm magnet for north central Iowa.

After the wind from the brief storm it's 100% sun and absolutely still. I mean totally still. Nothing moving, not a single leaf in a tree stirring. Man is it going to get steamy now.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I thought you were a storm magnet for north central Iowa.

After the wind from the brief storm it's 100% sun and absolutely still. I mean totally still. Nothing moving, not a single leaf in a tree stirring. Man is it going to get steamy now.

Must have lost my magnetism. It's like an oven outside. Hot and still. Just bakes a person.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Seems like the wife believes it is not muggy enough outside. Been home for about an hour or so and she has had this pan of boiling water going since I got home with nothing in it.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
My mom got both knees replaced at the same time, by two surgeons, at 79. She is 81 now and can outwalk me.

My MIL had double knee replacement. She began he rehab and quit because it was "too strenuous". Turns out she had a leaky heart valve, and wasn't getting nearly enough oxygen. Surgery fixed that valve, but owing to the missed rehab both her knees went to hell and now she uses a walker. It takes her about 20 minutes to get up out of a chair, and getting out of a vehicle???? Fuggedaboutit.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So hot that errand #3 was top up with the A/C running.

Scored some Dial liquid soap 52oz refill from Menards. Winning. **** it, bought two which should last me like forever. Some peeps think 9mm and .223 ammo is the post apocalypse currency. They are wrong, it's going to be soap and T.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.