NO FANS AT CYCLONE GAMES?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
The idea that you think they can safely play a contact sport during a pandemic is roughly as optimistic as thinking you can dodge raindrops in a thunderstorm.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Are you ready for some (spring) football! :eek:

"Gophers coach P.J. Fleck has said moving football to the spring because of the pandemic “makes sense” but worries about what toll playing two seasons in one calendar year would take on his players. He notes that a championship-caliber team could play up to 28 games in one calendar year."

And a Big 12 take:

“I think the people who say it’s not [an option], in my opinion, just don’t want to think about it,” Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley told reporters. “… I, for one, think it’s very doable.”

https://www.startribune.com/college...on-but-things-are-heading-that-way/571637502/

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Are you ready for some (spring) football! :eek:

"Gophers coach P.J. Fleck has said moving football to the spring because of the pandemic “makes sense” but worries about what toll playing two seasons in one calendar year would take on his players. He notes that a championship-caliber team could play up to 28 games in one calendar year."

And a Big 12 take:

“I think the people who say it’s not [an option], in my opinion, just don’t want to think about it,” Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley told reporters. “… I, for one, think it’s very doable.”

https://www.startribune.com/college...on-but-things-are-heading-that-way/571637502/
Don't worry PJ, if we don't play this fall, there isn't any reason we will play in the spring, unless the vaccine miraculously comes this fall.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
I relent. I have been anti lockdown, mitigate the most vulnerable among us in order to live with this in order to have a life without cratering people’s livelihoods, schooling and yes sports this fall. But the amount of constant coverage of surging, spiking, rising cases 24/7 is too much. Shut it all down, wait for a vaccine if that is truly the 100% solution , that is only way for what is being demanded.
What if a reliable vaccine cant be developed? Just let civilization slowly die. I think the mortality rate would be much,much higher than 1% if this is the route we choose.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
What if a reliable vaccine cant be developed? Just let civilization slowly die. I think the mortality rate would be much,much higher than 1% if this is the route we choose.

If a vaccine can’t be developed and proven effective, we’re toast. See the majority of the comments on these boards, got to have it. Doesn’t matter what data is shared to the contrary. So the idea of ISU football or basketball, with fans, is laughable.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Big 12 schools have agreed that bands and spirit groups will not accompany their teams on road games this season, the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reported Tuesday.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If a vaccine can’t be developed and proven effective, we’re toast. See the majority of the comments on these boards, got to have it. Doesn’t matter what data is shared to the contrary. So the idea of ISU football or basketball, with fans, is laughable.

You're just being ****** to be ******* but what data supports having football and what is your answer to have it run like normal?

And what is your answer to having people work while lowering the risk of spreading covid and killing more people that way?

Don't come up with some ******* answer to be more *******, actually answer the questions.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
You're just being ****** to be ******* but what data supports having football and what is your answer to have it run like normal?

And what is your answer to having people work while lowering the risk of spreading covid and killing more people that way?

Don't come up with some ******* answer to be more *******, actually answer the questions.

What is the point to linking articles/commentary or peer reviewed serology studies or ICF rates of young people. Does it matter at this point, haven’t those posts already happened here? Horse is out of the barn, Mother Nature is undefeated, the virus is in community spread. That’s why I relented, is not the answer a vaccine for sports, schools, colleges, large gatherings to happen? Isn’t best course of action to lock it down and wait for a vaccine and reduce death?

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Big 12 schools have agreed that bands and spirit groups will not accompany their teams on road games this season, the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reported Tuesday.
So does that mean we will have the marching band and cheerleaders at home games this season? I just assumed that any activities that are not necessary to actually playing the game would not take place to help reduce risk.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What is the point to linking articles/commentary or peer reviewed serology studies or ICF rates of young people. Does it matter at this point, haven’t those posts already happened here? Horse is out of the barn, Mother Nature is undefeated, the virus is in community spread. That’s why I relented, is not the answer a vaccine for sports, schools, colleges, large gatherings to happen? Isn’t best course of action to lock it down and wait for a vaccine and reduce death?

Who has said anything about locking it all down? We never had a full lockdown in the U.S. Some places shuttered up more than others, but it was never a full on lock down.

Are all of the people at ISU games and in schools young people that aren't vulnerable?

Outside of a vaccine, what is your answer to protect the vulnerable population in these situations?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So does that mean we will have the marching band and cheerleaders at home games this season? I just assumed that any activities that are not necessary to actually playing the game would not take place to help reduce risk.

A funny angle is thinking of a P.A. announcer doing the 'And that's another (home team)':

And having no crowd calling back 'First Down!!'

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron