Marcus Fizer Jr.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Let's hope he continues to develop and keeps his dream school as Iowa State. Be nice to be on the inside track of a player for once instead of always trying to overcome their hesitations.

Thanks for posting. Good Read.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
Over the past few years I keep hearing a ton about how passionate Marcus Fizer (Sr.) was/is about Iowa State. I think he even mentioned wanting to be a coach here. I am not sure about his coaching abilities, but an interesting consideration if an opening presents itself for an assistant job. It would be really cool if his son develops into a power 5 level player and came here.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
While I would welcome Marcuz Fizer Jr in the class of 2023 I don't think we'll have room for him after we land Lebron James Jr.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Over the past few years I keep hearing a ton about how passionate Marcus Fizer (Sr.) was/is about Iowa State. I think he even mentioned wanting to be a coach here. I am not sure about his coaching abilities, but an interesting consideration if an opening presents itself for an assistant job. It would be really cool if his son develops into a power 5 level player and came here.

i love Fizer Sr passion for ISU but without a bachelors degree, no coaching experience and a weapons charge on his record, there's no way he's ever being hired at Iowa State University.

• Informative
Reactions: isu83

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
i love Fizer Sr passion for ISU but without a bachelors degree, no coaching experience and a weapons charge on his record, there's no way he's ever being hired at Iowa State University.
I didn't know about the weapons charge. If the degree was a deal breaker and he wanted to coach, I suppose he could go back and finish his degree. Good points, just got me thinking.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
I would be in to give him an offer due to his last name and his potential.

Idk how he would have fit into our roster, but it really bugged me watching Jaire Grayer play for TCU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would be in to give him an offer due to his last name and his potential.

Idk how he would have fit into our roster, but it really bugged me watching Jaire Grayer play for TCU.
Jaire certainly would've helped us out last year.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
It's probably a wait and see where he's at in a year kind of thing.

Sprouting up to 6'7" or 6'8" with continued skill development would make him an intriguing prospect as a stretch 4 type. Timmy Allen might be a good comp. Take this projection with a grain of salt as all we have to go by is a highlight video of a 6'4" 8th grader.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron