Let's get it going with B12 football ranking ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Texas - I like Sam
oSu - would have been higher if not for BLM
OU - rattler maybe be a snake or a fake
K-State - experience and speed
ISU - need to beat Iowa for validation
Baylor - solid at QB
TCU - it's Patterson
WVU - what Brown can do for blue
TxT - never taken with Wells
Ku - putrid

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Texas - I like Sam

Baylor - solid at QB
TCU - it's Patterson
Ku - putrid
How the hell does us beating Iowa have anything to do with how good we'll be in the Big 12 next year?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I don't have K-State close to the Cyclones in the league. I have Texas, OU, and Iowa State followed by Gundy.
K-State is the one looking for validation without Gramps.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I don't have K-State close to the Cyclones in the league. I have Texas, OU, and Iowa State followed by Gundy.
K-State is the one looking for validation without Gramps.
Dude they beat us regularly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
We went over this last year. Beat Iowa and ISU guys know they're good. Lose and they'll see themselves as the same old Clones.

K-State beat ISU last year with little talent on the offensive line, new schemes, and a ton of injuries. No reason to believe that's going to change with all the talent returning, except Ames will be an advantage.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
We went over this last year. Beat Iowa and ISU guys know they're good. Lose and they'll see themselves as the same old Clones.

K-State beat ISU last year with little talent on the offensive line, new schemes, and a ton of injuries. No reason to believe that's going to change with all the talent returning, except Ames will be an advantage.

How bad will your OL be this year if it’s entirely the guys who backed up that “little talent” OL?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
OU (11-1) - No one should put them any lower until they finish lower
OSU (10-2)- Their offense might be top-3 in the nation this year
TX / ISU (9-3) - Bring back loads of talent including the 2 best QB's in the Big 12
BU (8-4) - Step back from last year due to loss of talent / head coach
K-State (7-5) - Similar season to last year
TCU (6-6) - Offense needs 1 more year
WVU (5-7) - Better than last year but similar results
TTU (4-8) - Similar as last year
KU (4-8) - Similar as last year

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
OU (11-1) - No one should put them any lower until they finish lower
OSU (10-2)- Their offense might be top-3 in the nation this year
TX / ISU (9-3) - Bring back loads of talent including the 2 best QB's in the Big 12
BU (8-4) - Step back from last year due to loss of talent / head coach
K-State (7-5) - Similar season to last year
TCU (6-6) - Offense needs 1 more year
WVU (5-7) - Better than last year but similar results
TTU (4-8) - Similar as last year
KU (4-8) - Similar as last year

This is where I am at except flip records and standings of Baylor and KSU. I think the total overhaul with abbreviated offseason costs Baylor a lot.

Reactions: Statefan10

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
How bad will your OL be this year if it’s entirely the guys who backed up that “little talent” OL?

LOL. The best K-State lineman was all-conference, Josh Rivas. And he'll be one of the best in the country this year. Guys coming off a redshirt and transfers are going to be studs. Last year's line was good due to experience and scheme, not talent. None were drafted. The scheme returns. Klieman's a hell of a coach.

https://themercury.com/k_state_spor...cle_fc3fad2c-b6e6-5d38-bd50-ed86e2cd38b2.html

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Yeah the 30 mile an hour winds had nothing to do with our troubles.. We also had little talent on the o-line, a new OC, and our QB was playing on 1.5 ankles.

Predicating whether Iowa State is good or not solely on the Iowa game is dumb though. We've lost to Iowa the last 3 years and have more wins than Kansas State does in the last 3 years.

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
Oklahoma and Texas should be in the championship game, every year, but only one will be. Maybe OK finally has some QB unrest, maybe Texas continues to be Texas, but one of them will disappoint. The second spot goes to either OK lite or ISU.
K State will trip up one of the top 4 teams, hopefully not us, but will otherwise be just annoying enough to get a low level bowl, again.
Is there any unit on any team with more proven ability than our defense?

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Texas - I like Sam
Baylor - solid at QB
TCU - it's Patterson
Ku - putrid

ISU starts 4-0, season cancelled due to COVID, declared national champs by all of us...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Oklahoma and Texas should be in the championship game, every year, but only one will be. Maybe OK finally has some QB unrest, maybe Texas continues to be Texas, but one of them will disappoint. The second spot goes to either OK lite or ISU. We get them in Ames this year.
K State will trip up one of the top 4 teams, hopefully not us, but will otherwise be just annoying enough to get a low level bowl, again.
Is there any unit on any team with more proven ability than our defense?
I would honestly say Oklahoma State's offense. Top 4 QB in the Big 12, most talented RB in the nation, top 10 WR in the nation.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO

Bold 1 - You're trolling, please stop.

Bold 2 - There are a lot of reasons to thing it will change, but I'm just looking forward to watching it play out. Hopefully a pounding of Iowa and KSU are both in the future for this ISU team, as they both need it.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yeah the 30 mile an hour winds had nothing to do with our troubles.. We also had little talent on the o-line, a new OC, and our QB was playing on 1.5 ankles.

Predicating whether Iowa State is good or not solely on the Iowa game is dumb though. We've lost to Iowa the last 3 years and have more wins than Kansas State does in the last 3 years.
I mean, is Surly even wrong? The last time we beat Iowa, in 2014, really resulted in many many Big 12 wins that year. A year we couldn’t even beat KU..