Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Weird to have X-Men coming after the others. I am kind of anxious to watch them with my kids, that'll be fun. PSA: The 90s X-Men animated series is on the Plus as well.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Not MCU-related, but could be a sign of another franchise:

Marvel Comics has acquired the rights to publish Alien and Predator comic books. This is somewhat notable as Disney first acquired the film rights to these franchises when they acquired 20th Century Fox. We are likely in for a comic book reboot for Alien & Predator and the popularity of those books could reboot the cinematic franchise. James Cameron has shown interest to return to the Alien franchise and maybe could return after completing the Avatar sequels.

https://www.ign.com/articles/alien-predator-marvel-comics-xenomorph-iron-man-avengers

Reactions: NewClone09

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
A quote from Black Widow director Cate Shortland:

“[Kevin Feige] realised that the audience would expect an origin story so, of course, we went in the opposite direction,” Shortland tells Empire. “And we didn’t know how great Florence Pugh would be. We knew she would be great, but we didn’t know how great. Scarlett is so gracious, like, ‘Oh, I’m handing her the baton.’ So it’s going to propel another female storyline.”​

Sounds like ScarJo is on the way out, and Florence Pugh is poised fill in for her in the MCU moving forward. Also, confirmation that Black Widow is not an origin story. IGN has an article that states the film takes place between Civil War and Infinity War.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My 10 year old asked me yesterday when Black Widow was coming out. He's really pumped for it. Good to hear on it, I'm excited to see it too.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
My 10 year old asked me yesterday when Black Widow was coming out. He's really pumped for it. Good to hear on it, I'm excited to see it too.

A lot of people I talk to don't seem too excited about it when I'm the complete opposite. Glad to hear I'm not the only one in that club, as I was starting to question it. Everyone likes and wants different things and I fully respect those that feel different than I do. I just think I'm such a big Captain America: The Winter Soldier fan that I've been itching to get back into more of the MCU spy espionage thriller world. I also got a taste of what a Black Widow movie could be like back when they published the Black Widow Prequel Comic around The Avengers time frame I believe. It was super good and I've been waiting for one ever since. I've only watched the first trailer, but it seems to be exactly what I've been wanting, so that only pumped me up more.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/luke-cage-reason-cottonmouth-mahershala-ali-was-killed-revealed/

This is kind of interesting as the Luke Cage showrunner just revealed that the reason Cottonmouth got killed off so quickly only halfway through the first season was because he only had a 7-episode contract, which was the only way they could get Ali to sign on. It does make sense in hindsight, but still doesn't make it any less a shame. That season totally went downhill after he died. At least I thought S2 saw the quality rise back up again.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Can’t find the story now but Hugh Jackman said the studio called him and asked if he could be in “”Wolverine shape” in three weeks.

He didn’t say no (yet anyway).

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Can’t find the story now but Hugh Jackman said the studio called him and asked if he could be in “”Wolverine shape” in three weeks.

He didn’t say no (yet anyway).

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/marvel-reportedly-offered-hugh-jackman-lot-money-mcu-cameo/

...we’ve now heard that Kevin Feige is offering the 51 year-old a whole lot of (money) to make a brief appearance in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, showing up in an alternate timeline as the Sorcerer Supreme travels through the multiverse.

Reactions: Rural

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The release date for the 3rd MCU Spider-Man movie has been delayed a month. The new release date is Dec 17, 2021.

I don’t think this is a panic move for the film industry due to COVID-19. Tom Holland was quoted just a few weeks ago that they are on-track to start filming this February to meet the November release date. It looks like Avatar 2 was originally scheduled for that Dec 17 date and it’s release has been pushed back an entire year so it looks like Sony wants to capitalize on Avatars vacancy and rake in the Holiday ticket sales.

https://apple.news/AbWPPVnlOQNeewK7W3N6-dw

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Avatar 2. Man I can't imagine a less anticipated sequel than that. Who is pining for it at this point?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Disney news, which could impact MCU:

Disney has announced that Mulan will release September 4 on Disney+ as a downloadable rental in the US and countries where Disney+ is available. There will be a limited theatrical release in countries where Disney+ is not available. The rental price is $29.99 and is in addition to the monthly Disney+ subscription.

https://www.ign.com/articles/mulan-will-be-released-in-theaters-and-on-disney-plus-in-september

That’s a pretty steep price for a rental. I think I’m more concerned that Disney+ is already looking at adding paywall options to their service. Hopefully that paywall is blocked by default so my kids can’t buy movies/shows like they did Trolls World Tour.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Disney news, which could impact MCU:

Disney has announced that Mulan will release September 4 on Disney+ as a downloadable rental in the US and countries where Disney+ is available. There will be a limited theatrical release in countries where Disney+ is not available. The rental price is $29.99 and is in addition to the monthly Disney+ subscription.

https://www.ign.com/articles/mulan-will-be-released-in-theaters-and-on-disney-plus-in-september

That’s a pretty steep price for a rental. I think I’m more concerned that Disney+ is already looking at adding paywall options to their service. Hopefully that paywall is blocked by default so my kids can’t buy movies/shows like they did Trolls World Tour.
It does seem pricey. I've got 4 kids, so taking the whole family to the movie theater costs a hell of a lot more than that. Still, watching it at home isn't as much of an "experience'. Doubtful we'll be renting it. What do I know though. Bunch of families stuck at home over labor day weekend. They'll probably make a fortune.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm honestly bummed. I like kung fu movies a lot, and I was hoping to watch that one in a theater.