What's Your Most Prized Cyclone Possession?

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Autographed wrestling program by Cael Sanderson, Mike Land, and Dan Gable. The occasion was Cael becoming the winningest Cyclone Wrestler in ISU program history.

Reactions: Farnsworth

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have quite a few decent possessions but some of my favorite are actually memories:

I was at the party when Homan hid under the car. He and I had a mutual love hate for each other. Ran into his sister at an aTm game down there eons ago, (she lived in San Antonio) and she came up and said "I know you, you're friends with my brother." LOL

Julius gave me the hustle award during a Nick Nurse camp.

Ran into McCarney all the time at Montys barbershop. GREAT GUY.

Larry bought be a shot when I was underage at Wallabys.

At a CF party at the Keg Stand, Wally was hanging out with us and got a little tipsy. Someone asked him what he was drinking and he said "cranberry vodka, what does that make me a *****?!" (Rhymes with wussy)

I have a sketched poster by Keith Sandvig that I wanted some autographs on, it got passed around by the team and Dave Sims looks at it and goes "I love this poster because it's got Dave Sims #1 front and center!" (Yes he said it in third person)

Was soc partners with DeAndre Jackson and Reggie George. DeAndre told me he got 6 Fs for his midterm, LOL.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Was soc partners with DeAndre Jackson and Reggie George. DeAndre told me he got 6 Fs for his midterm, LOL.

I was in a final for a soc class. Tim Barnes (former bball player) was behind me and looking at my sheet for answers. In my head I was like man you are picking the wrong guy to copy from LOL. I think that was semester that he declared academically ineligible afterward.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
2011 OSU field storm pic signed by Rhoads. I think I donated it and bought it back at an auction for a friend's dad's medical fundraiser?

Same with a ball signed by Fennellly and Hoiberg.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Dan Gable signed program (U.S. v. Iran meet)
Cael Sanderson bobblehead and Wheaties boxes (2) but these were donated not too long ago.
1974-75 student catalog with cover of long-haired student carrying books by his side (we didn't use backpacks then).

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Gameday program from the opening game against Air Force at JTS in 1975. We didn't save the tickets.

imaclone2

Jun 7, 2008
My most prized possession was something I had and gave to a Cyclone friend as a wedding gift. It was the program/picture given to everyone getting something autographed by the all century basketball team. Very humbling for me to be standing in front of those all time Cyclone greats.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
An unopened commemorative Iowa State vs Iowa Pepsi bottle from 1978 (might be off a year or two). I'm fairly certain we lost the game, but I still think its cool piece of collegiate history.

Correct. And there are commemorative Pepsi bottles for both years. The 77's are much more common. The 78's are more scarce. BTW, ISU won 31-0 in 78. The ONLY ISU/Iowa game I've ever been at and seen the good guys win. Versus about 6 that went the other way.

Dang it, you took mine. (Or rather, my husband's) He got his from a sports media member in Nebraska that knew he attended ISU. Have it packed away somewhere...not sure if '77 or '78.

Also have...
1) A yellow "All In" rally towel handed out at the 2011 OSU game signed by Rhoads
2) Husband has a mini basketball signed by Prohm he won at a raffle
3) And what might be worth more now, husband's Starter winter pullover jacket from his freshman year with this emblem on the back

130-1413975-1.jpg

Whirly bird came in the following year

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Not sure I could single out the most. For a birthday present I got a signed ball by I think the 05 WBB team. Then for the next 5 years or so continued to get future players in the program to sign it. I have several signed jerseys. I have a Medders signed #14, a Mary Fox signed #11, Rahshon Clark signed #13. I had a #32 signed by Fred but unbelievably the permanent marker signature wore off just hanging in storage. So I got it signed again not by Fred however. I chose to have it signed by one the best WBB players to play at ISU, Angie Welle, to sign it.

Reactions: beentherebefore

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Kind of fond of this Cy ceramic figurine. Not sure if vintage or just a vintage look. Something my mother found at a garage sale years ago.

cy ceramic cf scale.jpg

Reactions: Cypwr

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I I had to pick a "sparks joy" item, it would have to be the 2000 game helmet mostly because of attached picture. If the player number inside is a legit clue it was Jamaine Billups helmet. Anyway, it was a display item but my grandnephew is absolutely mad about wearing it so not limited to display now (hey, game worn so why not play worn).

eli n ISU helmet cf scale.jpg

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I have a t shirt signed by Hoiberg, Meyer, Michalik and Beechum. Found it cleaning out my grandmas house after she died.

Reactions: CyclonesRock