2021 Football Targets

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
WR Aramoni Rhone is now warm to IOWA STATE, Cincinnati and Arizona State after the Cyclones offered on 3/13/20. I have to think ISU is the leader here. Rated the #156 WR and #1054 in the class. Announces a top 5 today that will include the Cyclones.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Another update, by my count ISU has 66 offers out to possible prospects that haven't eliminated ISU or committed. 26 as more likely possibilities with the following break down:

Warm:
High:
Recent:
Medium:
Low:

Reactions: Pizzapitter

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Been off the board for awhile. Did Bollers already commit elsewhere?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Rhone, Oboiha, and Frazier are project guys with incredible body types for their position. I love taking those guys and seeing if you can hit an absolute HR with them. I really hope we grab all 3.

Reactions: motorcy90

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Rhone, Oboiha, and Frazier are project guys with incredible body types for their position. I love taking those guys and seeing if you can hit an absolute HR with them. I really hope we grab all 3.
I’m not sure that Obioha has an “incredible body type“ for his position. For offensive tackles, once you reach 6’7” or 6’8”, there start to be questions about bend, and especially leverage and anchor.

Harlan is much taller than that, so correspondingly, he’d be at that much more risk. What he does have is pretty good athleticism for his size, perhaps enough to compensate and master the position.

Which makes him an immense “risk/reward” type, rather than having an “incredible body type for the position”. Sometimes there is such a thing as too big.

That’s for the coaches to sort out, of course, and then for Harlan to put in the extra work.

On the former, I think we’re fairly well stocked enough at tackle now to take a chance—especially if we sign two OT’s in this class. On both counts, we’ll see what happens.

Frazier just plain looks amazing to me.

And I’d cheerfully take Rhône for the raw talent mill Matt Campbell has going at the position.

Oh—and we might as well toss in Evans at tight end. And the two defensive ends (Townley and Gray) to wrap up the “project” shopping list. :D

Reactions: Pizzapitter

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Townley would be the gem (IMO). He would certainly appear to have the talent to be an impact player.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron