Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The local CR media could actually report what is happening. Instead, they just continue with Iowa PR by spending most of their time on BTN All Decade Team. Also had this groundbreaking story, "Iowa coaches taking salary cuts". OMG! That is big boy journalism! Every school in the country is doing that, but CR media makes it sound like Barta is a savior.

I still cant understand why the media is scared of Iowa. Its pathetic.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Who is the local media supposed to ask the tough questions to right now? With the investigation going Barta and the Ferentz's aren't talking. If you are suggesting that the local media sucks, I agree.
Can we stop calling this thing thats going down an investigation.

May 7, 2020
This is wrong.

What black athlete came out and said they wasn't racial discrimination within the program?

I am getting caught up in semantics, all the black athletes have said there is a problem. Because they haven't literally said Kirk let racial discrimination inside the program doesn't excuse the issue.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I am getting caught up in semantics, all the black athletes have said there is a problem. Because they haven't literally said Kirk let racial discrimination inside the program doesn't excuse the issue.

Of course you are. You are a waste of space.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Well obviously if they are coming out saying there is racial discrimination inside the program they're referring to Kirk allowing or promoting it since it is his program

May 7, 2020
Well obviously if they are coming out saying there is racial discrimination inside the program they're referring to Kirk allowing or promoting it since it is his program

Twins this why you are such a good troll, I am sure that KF was "promoting" racial discrimination.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Twins this why you are such a good troll, I am sure that KF was "promoting" racial discrimination.

He promoted his racist son to OC. I think it's fair to say. Best case scenario for you is he just didn't care and let it happen which is awful

May 7, 2020
He promoted his racist son to OC. I think it's fair to say. Best case scenario for you is he just didn't care and let it happen which is awful

There is no best case scenario in this, we can probably agree on that..

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes

To wrap up several hundered thousand clicks:

1. Kirk hired Doyle to be the heavy. Doyle was WAY ofer the top and not only crossed the line of human decency he jumped over it on a regular basis. Too many times to count.

2. Doyle did get results so Kirk allowed the mistreatment of human beings. There appears to a despearancy of mistreatment of black players. Because of the results Kirk knowingly never held Doyle accountable for his methods.

3. Doyle becomes untouchable over the years, young coaches now want to emulate Doyle. Enter BF. Brian now want to be like Doyle and tensions rise. Brian has a couple public episodes. Kirk is required to respond because the cameras were on and public got a glimps of the iowa way.

4. Former players complain, more come out on Doyle, Brian and Kirk, Kirk asks Doyle to step down, insulating Kirk and other coaches.

5. More investigations are in play, Kirk is again in damage control trying to save legacy and a potential statue in kirks honor.

Conclusion

a. Doyle clearly a significant problem - Result Fired due to public outcry.
b. Kirk clearly knew of and supported Doyle's methods - Result TBD
c. Brian clearly wanted to be like Doyle, used his methods - Result TBD

We'll see how this ends but I know If I had this situation with my business, I'd been fired months ago with no need for an investigation.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.