Talk to me about Jim Walden

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
This was brought up in a past Walden thread, but he had a player who would where a different color helmet during the game based upon past performance from the previous week. Coach Switzer from Oklahoma would tell his players to hit the player extra hard

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
This was brought up in a past Walden thread, but he had a player who would where a different color helmet during the game based upon past performance from the previous week. Coach Switzer from Oklahoma would tell his players to hit the player extra hard

That was not Walden, that was Criner.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
How did Bruce ever win with the facilities he had?

Easy a Brand New Stadium and New Locker Rooms......The new Cyclone Stadium even had Artificial Turf instead of a Grass Field....Earle Bruce was really pushing for new artificial turf, they even sent out a mailer to all the ticket buyers to solicit funds for the new Artificial Turf.....

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Crazy to think this actually happened....but it did 8343508114_45422343d8.jpg

MrPeske

Apr 11, 2006
downtown Des Moines
On the right is Krista Kurth (Gorsche) she went to Urbandale 1985 I think. I don’t know the other 2.

I remember not winning many games but killing it at tailgating. Still rock the tailgating & now we have a team.