Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
My struggle is that they don't need him. He's acting as a middleman but really has no experience with this type of situation. He specializes in business management services. He's not an attorney.

So based on how things have been handled over the past twenty one years they should just trust the school to get it right?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So based on how things have been handled over the past twenty one years they should just trust the school to get it right?
I believe he was saying they should've gone with someone else. No way these guys would be allowing the school to handle them again.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I believe he was saying they should've gone with someone else. No way these guys would be allowing the school to handle them again.
Absolutely, they need representation from someone I just don't understand how RTG is qualified in any way.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Absolutely, they need representation from someone I just don't understand how RTG is qualified in any way.
I think he may have bitten off a bit more than he can chew, even if his heart is in the right place.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
You're latching onto something meaningless. Say this guy is the most unprofessional person in the world. How does that change these guys' stories?

He lied about contacting Parks so who knows if he lied about editing former players statements.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He lied about contacting Parks so who knows if he lied about editing former players statements.
Kirk lied about never once hearing about racial issues in his program. You have a real knack for trying to discredit people based off the dumbest things.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If you say so.

How is saying "My" instead of "Mr" urban dialect?
You're focusing more on this guys spelling, grammar, and speech pronunciation instead of focusing on everything else that actually matters. You're treating some of these former players and now this guy like absolute trash. Not listening to what they say because they don't line up perfectly in your eyes of being credible.

Reactions: aauummm

kcbob79clone

Iowa is gonna drag this thing out and let him go out out on his own terms after the season is over. Yep, the guy who has ran a racist program is going to get to do a victory lap. Mark my words, this will happen.

Said it before but bears repeating since over 320 pages of this thread that the only way that KF is not coaching this year if enough coaches have to be fired and that list includes BF. KF will resign rather than have to fire his son.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
You're focusing more on this guys spelling, grammar, and speech pronunciation instead of focusing on everything else that actually matters. You're treating some of these former players and now this guy like absolute trash. Not listening to what they say because they don't line up perfectly in your eyes of being credible.

I don't think I've said anything about his speech and if I did that was wrong of me.

I'm listening to them and have read pretty much every statement put out. Not believing every single word of every single statement isn't treating them like absolute trash.

It's hard for both of us to be objective here but you aren't doing the best job either.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I don't think I've said anything about his speech and if I did that was wrong of me.

I'm listening to them and have read pretty much every statement put out. Not believing every single word of every single statement isn't treating them like absolute trash.

It's hard for both of us to be objective here but you aren't doing the best job either.

You are the only hawk on this board still ball washing the U of I. Thats a you issue.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Another day and 24 more hours of people on the east side of the state (and central iowa media) more worried about how this will affect iowa going forward, recruiting, and damage to their image vs. helping victims of systemic racism and bullying and actually caring about change.

Hearing more and more this is just a ploy and poor old iowa is going to have to give money to make it go away.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
KCCI reporting that 80% of the layoffs at University of Iowa are women!! What next? Another black eye for the U of I!!

Actually all the black eyes had to transfer after the treatment they got so it’s only white eyes now.

stender

Jan 26, 2020
It's pretty obvious people see what they want to see.

Hawk fans want this to go away. Hawk fans want to believe that KF exemplifies class. Hawk fans want to believe that the KF they see on TV is the same KF behind closed doors.

Maybe ISU fans would act no differently. Who knows? The only thing I can think of that is remotely similar is Larry Eustachy back in 2002. The big difference is that LE suffered from a disease. His disease (and subsequent behavior) was detrimental to the program and the University. As much I loved LE, he needed to go. Although it set the program back 10 years, it was the right thing to do.

After seeing Hawk fans lambast former players who spoke out against the program, I think most (certainly not all) are willing to accept this culture in KFs program.

I've said from the start that money will dictate what happens.

Winning football games is not that damn important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron