Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
He sent a screenshot of an Iowa fan's poor comment about kneeling to him, you are indeed correct.

Idiots in every fan base, I hope the whole team kneels.

Doesn't excuse him for a blatant lie.

He should have scrubbed his FB as good as he had Wadley scrub his Twitter feed.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Idiots in every fan base, I hope the whole team kneels.

Doesn't excuse him for a blatant lie.

He should have scrubbed his FB as good as he had Wadley scrub his Twitter feed.
Don't know why he lied. Could've easily said he made contact with him and shared him an idiot Iowa fan's take. It would've meant nothing.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Not so sure he should've done the interview because it was just going to be them questioning everything that has to do with him and not the actual allegations themselves.

Truly funny though people are making fun of his grammar and the way he talks. Wouldn't expect anything else from them though.

Did you see the professional memo he sent to cancel his interview?

"To whom they be concerned".

Seriously, the former players didn't need a platform. With social media they can get their stories out to the masses just fine. Do you think the only reason Wadley's story was picked up by ESPN was because RTG put it out there?

This whole thing started because James Daniels published a tweet. If Wadley would have done it on his own it would have gotten just as much traction.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Seriously, the former players didn't need a platform. With social media they can get their stories out to the masses just fine. Do you think the only reason Wadley's story was picked up by ESPN was because RTG put it out there?

This whole thing started because James Daniels published a tweet. If Wadley would have done it on his own it would have gotten just as much traction.

23 days in and the "investigation" team hasn't even contacted these victims..it sounds like they need all the help they can get

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

If Wadley would have done it on his own it would have gotten just as much traction.
I saw that and it makes me sad that we're attacking him because he actually might not be great at putting messages out their or public speaking. He looks like he cares about these issues. Look at his social media. He's very outspoken about all of these racial issues, especially in sports.

I will agree in that these players may not have needed his platform specifically, but let's not make this entire situation about this guy.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I saw that and it makes me sad that we're attacking him because he actually might not be great at putting messages out their or public speaking. He looks like he cares about these issues. Look at his social media. He's very outspoken about all of these racial issues, especially in sports.

I will agree in that these players may not have needed his platform specifically, but let's not make this entire situation about this guy.

A professional organization doesn't send memos like that. You were the one calling him professional earlier today.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A professional organization doesn't send memos like that. You were the one calling him professional earlier today.
I don't think you really want to have that conversation about what professional organizations should and should not do..

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I didn't get a memo from him. Who did he send the memo to? I've worked with people very high up in their profession that have poor grammar or typos while emailing from their phone

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Additionally, it says "My Green" instead of "Mr. Green" in his memo which I didn't even notice.

That has nothing to do with writing or speaking skills, that is just complete sloppiness.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Additionally, it says "My Green" instead of "Mr. Green" in his memo which I didn't even notice.

That has nothing to do with writing or speaking skills, that is just complete sloppiness.
You're latching onto something meaningless. Say this guy is the most unprofessional person in the world. How does that change these guys' stories?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Yet they be owning University of Iowa in Public Relations.

It is not a good look challenging and mocking his urban dialect. Proves whiteness.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
KCCI reporting that 80% of the layoffs at University of Iowa are women!! What next? Another black eye for the U of I!!

Status
Not open for further replies.