Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've said multiple times as a State fan it would be better for these racist pricks to run the program into the ground. As a human being I hope the players get justice.

If you're talking just football obviously Brian staying is a positive for us but he definitely needs to lose his job. The victims deserve justice. This isn't an Iowa State vs Iowa thing

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
You asked if I could take my fandom out of the picture when discussion this and I said probably not.

Its interesting to read thoughts from the fans of a program that aren't connected to this at all like Iowa or ISU fans are.
So there was really nothing for me to respond as you said you could not engage in that exercise. I did not ask if you could find links to other fan base discussions. Not sure what else to say here.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Cliff notes for those who can listen would be appreciated

I have lost track of what is going on here. What is the story as something has shifted that I am not tracking.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If you're talking just football obviously Brian staying is a positive for us but he definitely needs to lose his job. The victims deserve justice. This isn't an Iowa State vs Iowa thing

Pretty sure that's what I just said.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I have lost track of what is going on here. What is the story as something has shifted that I am not tracking.

This guy is representing some of the victims. He's going on air today. I'm curious to see if Iowa's "investigation" team has contacted him or the victims he represents. As of last week they hadn't

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The story started as a pissing contest between this QC and Robert in which QC contacted Robert to speak with them, however they sent in a Facebook Message which if you are not friends with the receiver of the message, it will not go directly to them. QC then tried "exposing" Robert by saying he wouldn't contact him back and then Robert clapped back at them. Now it seems as though he will be going on air. Should be interesting.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Seek help. You're a sick human being
The motive is to not sue the school because there will be no grounds and they'll lose? That's the dumbest motive I've ever heard. Again here come the Hawkeye fans saying "Noooo my teaaaam, poor ussss. These players and this guy are trying to tear us aparttttt."

Your program is a joke and disgusting and being called out because of it. Stop playing the victim jfc.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Good lord Mark. This guy right here reads Parker's entire statement which said white players were treated differently, Parker himself was called "a dumbass black player" by Brian and was told by Kirk he would not side against the coaches, as well as saying he developed depression and anxiety due to the culture, but the KEY TAKEAWAY was that his meat was undercooked and that's a dumb thing to complain about.

What a laughable disgrace this guy is as a reporter.

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa

Good lord Mark. This guy right here reads Parker's entire statement which said white players were treated differently, Parker himself was called "a dumbass black player" by Brian and was told by Kirk he would not side against the coaches, as well as saying he developed depression and anxiety due to the culture, but the KEY TAKEAWAY was that his meat was undercooked and that's a dumb thing to complain about.

What a laughable disgrace this guy is as a reporter.

Cedar Rapids radio at it's finest.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Cedar Rapids radio at it's finest.
Yeah go figure the guy is born and raised in CR. Been a huge Hawkeye fan his entire life and won't let anything happen to his beloved program.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Wow no kidding. Putting experiences in quotes to try to diminish what happened to them. Not sure he should keep his job.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes, Barta is going to be cut out of this. Barta canning Doyle and giving him the severance has nothing to do with it being the best way to "move forward." It's not like Barta's writing the check personally, and framing this as 99.9% a Doyle problem and sending him packing is the best, and maybe only way he can save his own job. If the program gets blown up, Barta's gone. If they would've held their ground to fire Doyle with cause, he'd have been taking people down with him. It was the only choice Barta could make if he was going to survive, and it was done purely in self-interest. And Kirk knew the same.

Don't kid yourself, $hit canning Doyle was just as much about protecting Kirk.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What do you think of Robert T Green's involvement in all of this?
I think Robert T. Green is giving some of these players a platform to tell their stories while at Iowa. I think it's clear as day that Iowa fans and Iowa media want to tell those who everyone should and shouldn't listen to, and Green is not allowing that.

I also think a lot of the Iowa fans are playing right into his hands. You're making fun of him for not having that much of a following and trying to paint him as not credible to handle this situation, while at the same time you're growing his following and now he's going to be speaking publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.