Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Maybe they are. That's why I am waiting for the investigation to play out. It shouldn't be that hard to understand that.
Is it an investigation or a review? Look at the wording from the university (it says review). According to dictionary, an investigation is a formal and systematic examination. A review is to look or examine closely. Maybe there is no difference, maybe there is. I don't know but lawyers sure like to quibble over exact wording.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
My point is based on what Kirk was willing to do for Everson and Satterfield suggests otherwise. Not sure any white players can claim Kirk did as much for them as he did for Everson and Satterfield. Really helped those kids out in a tight spot.

That was for his program not the 2 players.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I wasn't the first to point out the investigation vs review wording but it makes sense. An investigation implies that one will attempt to discover all the facts including uncovering new information to get to the whole truth. A review implies that one will look at the information that is currently available (not even necessarily all the information - former players?) to base a decision upon.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Really? These athletes are offered tons of career opportunities after college. Guess who offers them those opportunities? I do not know what Wadley's career goals are but it's safe to say he won't be selling insurance in Iowa anytime soon.

Why are you so insistent on dismissing the fact that he scammed/stole money from fans? You want to ignore that and prop him up as a beacon of truth.

i'm two days behind on this thread, so apologies if someone already replied to this, but holy hell:

are you saying that Wadley can't forge his own way in a career in Iowa without the football team's help? because i can't help but think when you say "these athletes" that you really just mean "these African-American athletes."

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
i'm two days behind on this thread, so apologies if someone already replied to this, but holy hell:

are you saying that Wadley can't forge his own way in a career in Iowa without the football team's help? because i can't help but think when you say "these athletes" that you really just mean "these African-American athletes."
All athletes. There are literally career fairs specifically for athletes from all sports. That's how many of them end up in insurance sales, medical supply sales, pharmaceutical sales, etc. Absolutely they can forge their own way but many of them are given opportunities because of their notoriety in the state. I know several people that have benefited from it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So basically Iowa fans want the following fired:

Kirk
Brian
Wallace
Entire S&C staff

At this point would it be better to clean house instead of just moving O'Keefe to head coach and try to limp this along?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
All athletes. There are literally career fairs specifically for athletes from all sports. That's how many of them end up in insurance sales, medical supply sales, pharmaceutical sales, etc. Absolutely they can forge their own way but many of them are given opportunities because of their notoriety in the state. I know several people that have benefited from it.
Totally get what you're saying, but Wadley will end up being fine. He was a great college football player, had a cup of coffee in the NFL, and I'm sure has made plenty of other connections. He won't be brought down by his one dumb mistake he made when he was 25-26 years old.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So basically Iowa fans want the following fired:

Kirk
Brian
Wallace
Entire S&C staff

At this point would it be better to clean house instead of just moving O'Keefe to head coach and try to limp this along?
At this point, it's too late in the off season to try and look for a new staff. I just don't think it'd be possible.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I just don't see a scenario where Kirk is the head coach this season after the most recent victim statement
I'll believe that when I see it, because I still have no faith that Iowa will hold him accountable. What I was saying though is that for this year, they'd have someone currently on the staff take over for the year and next year they would look for someone else. The only problem with that are those that are left on staff would most likely be out of a job because the new coach would bring in almost everyone from their old staff.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'll believe that when I see it, because I still have no faith that Iowa will hold him accountable. What I was saying though is that for this year, they'd have someone currently on the staff take over for the year and next year they would look for someone else. The only problem with that are those that are left on staff would most likely be out of a job because the new coach would bring in almost everyone from their old staff.

I was on the fence if he would keep your job until the Fleming statement. Nail in the coffin

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I was on the fence if he would keep your job until the Fleming statement. Nail in the coffin
I wouldn't necessarily say nail in the coffin, but I would firmly state Flemming's accusation opens up a huge can of worms for Kirk. Here's a guy that didn't have any past issues with Iowa as far as his character goes, he made a name for himself at WVU and then made it to the NFL. Why would he lie about his experience?

Also, looking at his story, you can now see some similarities between his, Wadley, and DJK's story. All three obviously mentioned Doyle as a huge problem, but they also pointed out that behind closed doors, Kirk was pretty awful. Because of that, you have to assume there is in fact validity to DJK and Wadley's stories.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You guys are nuts if you think Ferentz isn’t coaching at least this year.
I think a big factor is how much weight they're going to give Barta in making the decisions. This investigation is going straight to the President of the University I believe.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Interesting thread on Twitter. As one of the comments states, it looks like someone catfished Robert T.

Dude, those messages literally provided nothing. We ALL knew this guy wasn't a lawyer. Every single little screen shot there shows nothing. A quick google search could've told you who this guy was. And so you know, even if you were a lawyer, you would 100% do what this guy is doing in telling these former player's stories. You would listen to the story and come out with a constructed statement. You are told what to say and what not to say. That's TEXTBOOK on how lawyers work.

It's no different on how Kirk is being told to behave. Constructed statements in order for him to not look bad. Also, again, you're posting a Twitter account that has been called out for being a burner account for a coach for Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron